Pennywell

Mr Walsh was the little fat hairy history teacher wasn't he? Canny teacher like

Mrs plumber was sexy as owt only there for one year tho.

There was a Miss Plumpton. PE teacher iirc and got on the wrang bus.
It was a shithole, I remember watching a house fire that claimed the life of a little lass, awful place with awful people in the 80's.

Whole family of kids. Early 80's.

Last edited:
Mr Minto is a magistrate now
He loved doing pressups to show off his upper body strength. Canny bloke. Mr snell was deputy head when I was there

Last edited:
Still some black bits like Portslade where the part-time jockeys are.
The top end Hylton Road squares hacky; beside the industrial estate. Penistone and that. :p

A mate from a few years above at school was murdered there.

Still some black bits like Portslade where the part-time jockeys are.
The top end Hylton Road squares hacky; beside the industrial estate. Penistone and that. :p

A mate from a few years above at school was murdered there.
I remember one of our neighbours moving up to Penistone,it was like a step up the social ladder from the bad part of south hylton,last time I was in Penistone must have been maybe 15 years back?Looked a bit grim.

We are the plawzies we kick your narkies, f***ing massive group of them spoiling Halloween for the rest of Pennywell. Marauding through the streets looking for narkies to destroy. I blew mine out and hid on my washy roof until the danger had turned off down Presthope Road.
Always protect your narky,i used to nick them from the farm along the lines near old wilfies house by the golf course.

My sister taught special needs kids there in the late 70's early 80's. The stories she told were heart breaking. There were kids who weren't toilet trained at 8 year old. Used to shit on newspaper.

We are the plawzies we kick your narkies, f***ing massive group of them spoiling Halloween for the rest of Pennywell. Marauding through the streets looking for narkies to destroy. I blew mine out and hid on my washy roof until the danger had turned off down Presthope Road.
Never used the word "Narkies". Turnips for us posh kids.

Back