Pennywell

EDGE

Striker
When did it turn a bit dodgy? Remember in the late 70s was always a bit of a no-go for us softies.

Can recall Woolies being there and a decent shopping centre.

That bit off Chester Road that's been flattened for years is supposed to be a new housing estate soon. Chester Gate. Development - Gentoo Homes.

By the sounds of them planning new access off Chester Road they're planning a Crimea style annexation so residents can get in and out without ever having to enter Pennywell.

To be fair my Gran's lived in the same house in Pennywell for 30-odd year. I had a relative who lived in one rebuilt parts not far from the shops and it seemed pretty nice.

Last edited:
That bit off Chester Road that's been flattened for years is supposed to be a new housing estate soon. Chester Gate. Development - Gentoo Homes.

By the sounds of them planning new access off Chester Road they're planning a Crimea style annexation so residents can get in and out without ever having to enter Pennywell.

To be fair my Gran's lived in the same house in Pennywell for 30-odd year. I had a relative who lived in one rebuilt parts not far from the shops and it seemed pretty nice.
Cul-de-sacs are the way forward....or back?

Back