Pennywell

Havent been there for years but is that called pennywell woods or something now?Used to be a mud/dirt track from the bus stop near the echo offices down to south hylton footie fields then through the tunnel?

In the late 70's the traffic was so much lighter on the A19 you could cross over all six lanes on foot near Offerton without much threat of danger, Absolutely no chance now. Deffo get squashed.

Quality place to be is pennywell.
Was the car crime capital in Europe in the early 90s. Much nicer now.
Earlier than that i'm sure. I went through with a mate in the early/mid 80's because he wanted to pick up some smoke. My job was to stay with the car so it didn't get nicked ! It did look as rough as fuck, with lots of seemingly derelict and dilapidated houses. Having said that one of my best ever mates was from there and was as sound as could be, mind you he did bail out when he was 16.

Earlier than that i'm sure. I went through with a mate in the early/mid 80's because he wanted to pick up some smoke. My job was to stay with the car so it didn't get nicked ! It did look as rough as fuck, with lots of seemingly derelict and dilapidated houses. Having said that one of my best ever mates was from there and was as sound as could be, mind you he did bail out when he was 16.

Who was your mate then

Was in a pub in pennywell last night, a couple of idiots who liked to shout for no reason but overall a pleasant experience.

In the late 70's the traffic was so much lighter on the A19 you could cross over all six lanes on foot near Offerton without much threat of danger, Absolutely no chance now. Deffo get squashed.
I was gonna say that earlier, we used to run straight over then up the track to offerton then down the miley.

Things have changed massively. Once upon a time there were scary estates, but now all the feral kids are inside on their phones. I deliver food and there’s not a single estate I feel uncomfortable getting out the car in.
Try the flats in sulgrave in Washington Marra.

Now that’s scary on a night

Which pub? I didn’t think there were any left.
The Hastings Hill although its right on the outskirts of pennywell probably only a few feet away from actual pennywell itself. looking at the map its propbably classed as grindon.

Shows what the area was like and why it has the reputation it has but it's actually canny nowadays.

I've had people look at me like shit when I tell them I'm from Pennywell and even had a fight in college due to a lad thinking he was better than me as he was from Whitburn. He got out receipt for a £300 laptop and said "I bet you've never seen those kind of numbers on a receipt before, Pennywell". I punched him in the face and threw his wallet out of the window.

PTS 4 LIFE!
Ower the moon with This

Back