Peloton

never used one so cant comment on the kit, but i couldnt justify paying so much for something like that

Understand what you are saying but it’s cheaper (much) than gym memberships and research says the average peloton user exercises more than 3 times as much as the average gym member. For the monthly fee there are 6 of us utilising the bike and all of the other exercise classes available through the app etc

Me and the mrs, son and daughter all had memberships at Bannatynes. Peloton is a fifth of that cost monthly once you’ve purchased the bike

Understand what you are saying but it’s cheaper (much) than gym memberships and research says the average peloton user exercises more than 3 times as much as the average gym member. For the monthly fee there are 6 of us utilising the bike and all of the other exercise classes available through the app etc

Me and the mrs, son and daughter all had memberships at Bannatynes. Peloton is a fifth of that cost monthly once you’ve purchased the bike

never used one so cant comment on the kit, but i couldnt justify paying so much for something like that
I've noticed it's easy to sound like a Scientologist when discussing it.

Carlos is right in some ways, it's cheaper than most major chain gyms will charge you for a membership, but when I compare it to what I paid for a Leisure Centre membership in Durham it's more expensive. It's a damn sight easier to justify in a multi-person house.

I'd say if you're spending in that £40-60 range (or more) and can afford to do so it's worth considering. The obvious benefit is convenience. There's a few times I've hopped on spontaneously and I'm done in under half an hour and feeling better. With the gym you're having to get ready, get in the car/bus/walk then you're hoping there aren't many people in or the machines you want aren't in use. It won't build will power mind. That you've got to do on your own, but the fact it's right there makes things a lot easier. The trainers can be hit and miss, some I find obnoxious, others I really like, but again you can't like everyone so it's just about finding what works for you.

I will also say, to evaluate it as a product, it does cover more than just the spinning/cycling. There's weights, yoga, stretching, meditation, so it's well-rounded.

didn't think of it like that to be fair. If you have an active family like yourself then i guess it could be worthwhile.

I've noticed it's easy to sound like a Scientologist when discussing it.

Carlos is right in some ways, it's cheaper than most major chain gyms will charge you for a membership, but when I compare it to what I paid for a Leisure Centre membership in Durham it's more expensive. It's a damn sight easier to justify in a multi-person house.

I'd say if you're spending in that £40-60 range (or more) and can afford to do so it's worth considering. The obvious benefit is convenience. There's a few times I've hopped on spontaneously and I'm done in under half an hour and feeling better. With the gym you're having to get ready, get in the car/bus/walk then you're hoping there aren't many people in or the machines you want aren't in use. It won't build will power mind. That you've got to do on your own, but the fact it's right there makes things a lot easier. The trainers can be hit and miss, some I find obnoxious, others I really like, but again you can't like everyone so it's just about finding what works for you.

I will also say, to evaluate it as a product, it does cover more than just the spinning/cycling. There's weights, yoga, stretching, meditation, so it's well-rounded.

Very fair summary

I would say if you are competitive and numbers driven you tend to start to get obsessed with beating your output scores so the motivation climbs naturally for many

Very fair summary

I would say if you are competitive and numbers driven you tend to start to get obsessed with beating your output scores so the motivation climbs naturally for many
Definitely. None of my mates have it sadly, so I'm usually just up against myself or the people on the HUB leaderboard, but there's been a few times I've honed in one bloke and been like 'right I've got to beat him'. :lol:

Why oh why does everytime someone post something about peloton it gets hijacked by people saying it’s a rip off?
If ya use it the cost is feck all.

How long have you been quoted? I’m getting tempted like. Did you go for the original or the bike+?

Ordered last week, it’s not coming till the first week of April. Went with the original, only reason we didn’t get the + is because you can get all of the classes on your smart TV’s through the digital membership which is part of your peloton membership (plus, even longer build time on the +)

Ordered last week, it’s not coming till the first week of April. Went with the original, only reason we didn’t get the + is because you can get all of the classes on your smart TV’s through the digital membership which is part of your peloton membership (plus, even longer build time on the +)
Ordered today and quoted 25th May!

Ordered today and quoted 25th May!

Good stuff.I had the email the other day regarding delivery - Peloton deliver it and someone comes in the house to set it up to suit your height etc. They have to be careful with the COVID guidelines, so if you don’t want them in, they’ll tell you what to do at the front door

Try to reschedule using the link in your email mate. Dates available now for start of March

Part of me thinks this is a waste of money, but the I think about how much I’ve wasted on gym memberships over the years because I can’t be chewed to drive 10 milesveach way for the gym... and the thought of having something there on demand would be useful... exactly how good is it? Are there scheduled classes or can you just jump on and there’s a class to go through on my times?

suppose I should look at the differences between bike and bike+

Last edited:
Part of me thinks this is a waste of money, but the I think about how much I’ve wasted on gym memberships over the years because I can’t be chewed to drive 10 milesveach way for the gym... and the thought of having something there on demand would be useful... exactly how good is it? Are there scheduled classes or can you just jump on and there’s a class to go through on my times?

suppose I should look at the differences between bike and bike+
Bike itself is decent, but it’s the on-demand classes that do it for me. They are excellent, great feeling beating your score. You can do them live if you want but I haven’t bothered. The whole set up is slick and easy.

Bike+ I would only bother with if you want to use the screen for other things, turning the dial isn’t exactly a chore....

Back