Peloton

Part of me thinks this is a waste of money, but the I think about how much I’ve wasted on gym memberships over the years because I can’t be chewed to drive 10 milesveach way for the gym... and the thought of having something there on demand would be useful... exactly how good is it? Are there scheduled classes or can you just jump on and there’s a class to go through on my times?

suppose I should look at the differences between bike and bike+

The Mrs has been using the App for a canny while now, and had been harping on at me to give it a whirl for the running (they do outdoor and treadmill guided workouts). The app itself is what really sold me on the idea of getting the bike. She does boot camps and all kinds but I’ve just done the running ones.

way more motivating for me than just my usual one paced treadmill runs. Instructors seem to be a proper wide spread and anyone will find someone they will gravitate towards.

I’d been thinking about it for a while and got a bonus from work which I didn’t want to waste and seeing as holidays are out of the question at the minute I took the plunge and it’s coming in 3 weeks.
I just went for the original bike as it’s about £500 cheaper than the + and the main upgrade are a swivel screen which I don’t think we’d use, auto following the resistance and connectivity for Apple Watch. None of which are that much of a big deal to me.
Hundreds if not thousands of on demand classes as well as the live rides. And there’s different 6 week programmes etc.

might you’re thinking of ordering ask someone who has one for a referral code as you’ll get £100 if you buy any accessories.

definitely cheaper ways to do it but the convenience and the fact the Mrs will use it halving the cost was what made me go for it.
And if it doesn’t get used the resale values are still great (at the minute at least)

Do you have to classes? Can you just get on the bike and do a route via the screen? If that makes sense.

Then try and beat said time etc etc.

Do you have to classes? Can you just get on the bike and do a route via the screen? If that makes sense.

Then try and beat said time etc etc.
You don’t have to. They have “scenic rides” which is essentially just a drone or google street view car type footage.
From what I understand it’s not great, but wouldn’t surprise me if they look to improve it going forward. Seem to be missing out on an opportunity to compete with the likes of zwift

They are good like. The amount of varied content on there is insane. No interest in the treadmill though, the bike kills me enough as it is :lol:
I’ve got a Rogue echo bike, they are mint but awful and no tidy blonde to distract me, I think I made the wrong purchase.

Got mine arriving tomorrow on the 100 day money back trial.

Been recovering from a back injury so was recommended a stationary bike to limit impact from outdoor exercise.

Looking forward to getting started. Any tips for starters from those who have a peleton?

Been recovering from a back injury so was recommended a stationary bike to limit impact from outdoor exercise.

Looking forward to getting started. Any tips for starters from those who have a peleton?

Make sure you do plenty of hip mobility exercises. It's low impact but need to keep on top of the hips otherwise back will end up with more chronic issues

Not for me, but whatever keeps folk fit. If they had any sense they'd team up with zwift, bkool, or the like. Zwift is boring enough with virtual routes, never mind someone telling you what to do. Always end up with Netflix or YouTube on.

Any good? I used to do a lot of cycling about 15 years ago. A bit out of shape at the minute and am thinking about it

Noticed that Apex have reduced their bikes that come without a screen to £599. Looks like a cracking price given they were £1200. Anyone else got one?

Back