Pele In Hospital

I’ve edged towards Maradona as the best ever but really it’s hard to go against Pele.
Apart from his extraordinary skills he affected two World Cups,as a 17 year old in Sweden in 1958 scoring a hat trick in the semi final and two in the final. Then after being literally kicked out of the 1966 tournament he comes back and is fantastic in 1970.
It takes some beating.

I cant remember, was he not in the 1962 world cup?

I’ve edged towards Maradona as the best ever but really it’s hard to go against Pele.
Apart from his extraordinary skills he affected two World Cups,as a 17 year old in Sweden in 1958 scoring a hat trick in the semi final and two in the final. Then after being literally kicked out of the 1966 tournament he comes back and is fantastic in 1970.
It takes some beating.
He was ahead of his time.
Always thought England were the only side that could come close that year
until we took off Bobby Charlton that was
We were excellent when we played them and should have got a draw ( bloody Astle 🙄RIP).

However they'd have done us 99 times out of a hundred.

A fantastic team.

Last edited:
Realistically, he's probably not going to beat this. Death isn't the worst thing that can happen to you, especially when you're old, seriously ill and suffering, and I just hope his remaining time is as comfortable as possible and he spends as much time as possible with his loved ones.

Back