Pele In Hospital

He seemingly singlehandedly brought soccer into the homes of America and introduced many of us to the game that so much of the world was in love with.
Get well soon Pele.

My dad said he was the greatest player of all time. Only Messi or Maradona came close. He maintains that Pele could have easily played in the modern era but not many could have played in his.

I had the Brazil 70 vhs as a kid and was amazed by the skill of Pele and that team. Sadly we'll never see a team like that again.
The Brazil 1970 team would beat anybody. No other team comes close.

He always came across as a true gent as well. Seemed very modest. Its really sad to hear he isn't well.

Last edited:
My vote for "best ever player" goes to him. He had everything Maradona had but was also far better in the air and, importantly, a great sportsman. He had the lot and won multiple World Cups...automatically eclipsing Messi, too.
My thoughts are with him...what a truly fantastic player. And don't forget defenders got away with on-field violence in his era. He was kicked out of the 66 World Cup, by Portugal, in particular.

My vote for "best ever player" goes to him. He had everything Maradona had but was also far better in the air and, importantly, a great sportsman. He had the lot and won multiple World Cups...automatically eclipsing Messi, too.
My thoughts are with him...what a truly fantastic player. And don't forget defenders got away with on-field violence in his era. He was kicked out of the 66 World Cup, by Portugal, in particular.

This 100%. In his day the World Cup was undoubtedly the ultimate competition and he was the ultimate star.

Back