Pease Pudding

You'd think it was grown on special trees available only in Sunderland going off some of the posts on here. :lol:

It's boiled yellow split peas. You can buy them in most supermarkets and it'll taste exactly like the stuff you get from the tin. Better, even, as you can adjust seasoning to your liking.
Who the fuck buys pease pudding in a tin? We get fresh up here.

You'd think it was grown on special trees available only in Sunderland going off some of the posts on here. :lol:

It's boiled yellow split peas. You can buy them in most supermarkets and it'll taste exactly like the stuff you get from the tin. Better, even, as you can adjust seasoning to your liking.

pease pudding in a tin? Give ower man thats not a thing surely

This stuff nee good?

Oooo. I shall be investigating this. Not that I tend to visit Iceland often but now I know that's a possibility...

@alexander - I just noticed these in M&S last week - Marks and Spencer’s chip shop scraps mocked as ‘insult to northerners'

Sadly not. I have tried a few times to see if it was just a one off bad experience but each time I leave it on the plate. These days I just go all silly touristy and say 'But hold the peas, please'. Am not that keen on chunky chips either. I do however absolutely love the crispy bits left in the box from the fish. If I could buy a box of that alone I would do so. Couple of years back I tried battered sausage for the first time. Went down a treat. On my returns since it is a battle deciding whether to go for fish or sausage.

Talking local eateries. Despite having lived in the NE twice and all my trips back and forth for more than two decades I still haven't had a curry yet. Been on my list of things to try for years but I just haven't gotten round to it yet. @mux is taking me to a curry house when am back over next year though so there is hope. 😊

Back