Pease Pudding

One of the finest foods known to man, pease pudding warmed up in the frying pan after bacon or sausage was cooked in it. It's canny mad how such a basic food is so f***ing good like.
Fried in the pan you did your sausage and bacon in is nice to be fair.

Just reading back after posting, Monkeytassle knows the score.
Lost on me am afraid.

You not like it Alex ?
Thought you would have got the taste for it on your travels over here tbh, never known anyone who doesn't like it tbh.

Last edited:
I've just made a wass pot of it. 2 quid for a bag of split peas (aye it's expensive but I've had to get them from Wholefoods!). Hour or so on a simmer then decanted into pots.

Gunna be lusherooney on me vegan ham sandwich tomorrow.

You not like it Alex ?
Thought you would have got the taste for it on your travels over here tbh, never known anyone who doesn't like it tbh.

Sadly not. I have tried a few times to see if it was just a one off bad experience but each time I leave it on the plate. These days I just go all silly touristy and say 'But hold the peas, please'. Am not that keen on chunky chips either. I do however absolutely love the crispy bits left in the box from the fish. If I could buy a box of that alone I would do so. Couple of years back I tried battered sausage for the first time. Went down a treat. On my returns since it is a battle deciding whether to go for fish or sausage.

Talking local eateries. Despite having lived in the NE twice and all my trips back and forth for more than two decades I still haven't had a curry yet. Been on my list of things to try for years but I just haven't gotten round to it yet. @mux is taking me to a curry house when am back over next year though so there is hope. 😊

I've just made a wass pot of it. 2 quid for a bag of split peas (aye it's expensive but I've had to get them from Wholefoods!). Hour or so on a simmer then decanted into pots.

Gunna be lusherooney on me vegan ham sandwich tomorrow.

Bet it'd be even better on a proper ham sarnie

Sadly not. I have tried a few times to see if it was just a one off bad experience but each time I leave it on the plate. These days I just go all silly touristy and say 'But hold the peas, please'. Am not that keen on chunky chips either. I do however absolutely love the crispy bits left in the box from the fish. If I could buy a box of that alone I would do so. Couple of years back I tried battered sausage for the first time. Went down a treat. On my returns since it is a battle deciding whether to go for fish or sausage.

Talking local eateries. Despite having lived in the NE twice and all my trips back and forth for more than two decades I still haven't had a curry yet. Been on my list of things to try for years but I just haven't gotten round to it yet. @mux is taking me to a curry house when am back over next year though so there is hope. 😊
Next time you’re in the fish shop ask for a bag of scrapings.

Absolutely hated it...... all my life refused to eat it based on tasting it once at the age of 12

Dad buys some from Knitsley Farm last year, chucks it in a stottie and forgets I hate it...... i ate it unaware
It was divine.

I now export Knitsley Pease Pudding to Essex whenever I am home!

Back