Pearl Jam

Hotel booked for 1st night, however very tempted to ditch this, sell my QOTSA tickets for Finsbury Park and do Mad Cool festival in Madrid - PJ, QOTSA and Depeche Mode over three days.
Flights £85 return from EDI

Went this year, RyanAir flights from Newcastle.

I wasnt impressed with the festival like, big name bands but not much thought given to the layout of the arena nor getting people to and from the venue. Plus it lashed it down the 3 days the festival was on (not the organisers fault, but it certainly didnt help things). The organisers didnt seem to care when one of their performers died before thousands of people just before GreenDay took to the stage.
Having said that i believe they are moving venues and increasing the amount of stages and capacity for next year.
Fill yer boots marra, Madrid is a canny city too, red hot anarl when its not lashing down.

Went this year, RyanAir flights from Newcastle.

I wasnt impressed with the festival like, big name bands but not much thought given to the layout of the arena nor getting people to and from the venue. Plus it lashed it down the 3 days the festival was on (not the organisers fault, but it certainly didnt help things). The organisers didnt seem to care when one of their performers died before thousands of people just before GreenDay took to the stage.
Having said that i believe they are moving venues and increasing the amount of stages and capacity for next year.
Fill yer boots marra, Madrid is a canny city too, red hot anarl when its not lashing down.

It’s near the airport next year, next to some exhibition centre. Sure I read tickets were only €130 too

I imagine listening to one of their bootlegs to be very hard work mind, so nee wonder they're not arsed about them being 'free'.

What I don't get is why you can be arsed to comment. If you think they are shit then that's fair enough but why waste your time posting on it?

For the record their boots are generally quality.

Oh and the cover band tonight at the Academy in Newcastle were great anarl

What I don't get is why you can be arsed to comment. If you think they are shit then that's fair enough but why waste your time posting on it?

For the record their boots are generally quality.

Oh and the cover band tonight at the Academy in Newcastle were great anarl
'Cos I have a passing interest in them. Ten's canny. I just don't think they're that great.

As for listening to three hour long recordings of random live shows.... there's better things to do. I love Springsteen and his live shows are great, but I cannot be chewed to sit and listen to them back. A well produced live album though is a bit different, but I've never gone in for over long records, especially live ones.

Last edited:
'Cos I have a passing interest in them. Ten's canny. I just don't think they're that great.

As for listening to three hour long recordings of random live shows.... there's better things to do. I love Springsteen and his live shows are great, but I cannot be chewed to sit and listen to them back. A well produced live album though is a bit different, but I've never gone in for over long records, especially live ones.
I would only bother with a bootleg from a gig I’d actually been to.

I would only bother with a bootleg from a gig I’d actually been to.

Tends to be my approach, but I also have a few from shows that are deemed to be very good - plus as part of the 10c you get a download code for a bootleg anyway so just grab a few shows via that over the years. Tend to always put a live boot on rather than an album if I am listening to them in the car.

I wouldn't say I've never heard of them. I have. But I wouldn't be able to name or recognise one of their songs. However, a mate has a couple of tickets available for Pearl Jam and Franz Ferdinand if anyboidy is interested....

Back