Pearl Jam

Have they established themselves as an elite band since then though?

More that they've established themselves as a band that refuse to keep repeating the styles of their most famous 2 albums, and instead just write whatever they want. That's the impression that I get anyway.

What is an "elite band" by the way?

They're notorious for their live shows, and they encourage bootlegging of their live shows which they then give away for free online.

More that they've established themselves as a band that refuse to keep repeating the styles of their most famous 2 albums, and instead just write whatever they want. That's the impression that I get anyway.

They're notorious for their live shows, and they encourage bootlegging of their live shows which they then give away for free online.
Link to the free bootlegs?
I hear more about Vedder than PJ in the media and on rock shows. He seems to go for his rep more than the output. Could be wrong though.

Aye. Would love to experience one of the South America gigs next March for this reason. But a bit to much of a cost for a trip on my own!!!

Been wanting to see them at Wuldheide but the date is a complete no go for me unfortunately.

Go on your norm, stay in hostels. The rest takes care of itself. I did a month out there. f***ing miss those days

I hear more about Vedder than PJ in the media and on rock shows. He seems to go for his rep more than the output. Could be wrong though.

The bootlegs aren't free, they sell them through their website.

Go on your norm, stay in hostels. The rest takes care of itself. I did a month out there. f***ing miss those days

I wish - a family puts paid to that!!

Their success was post his death? Seriously?

Foo Fighters I agree with

I didnt say they were only successful post death. But his death certainly makes a difference to their reputation / legacy.

Have they established themselves as an elite band since then though?

Well they've done enough to gain an induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in the first year that they became eligible (25 years old). Not that I care much for such awards but this is not simply about the latest big thing and plugging a few more records.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...l-jam-tear-through-their-back-catalog-w479265

I would say that ever since the first album they have just done whatever they want as VS has a much different feel to Ten. But after the 2nd album A LOT changed which influenced the band but most notably Eddie and it took them a lot of years to work it all out.

Live shows are certainly notorious but they aren't given away free by the band. Although they are happy for fans to share the music once it is no longer available to buy from their website and happy for bootlegs to be shared if never been made commercially available.

Here's a source for a load of free ones
http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules/jinzora2/

Last edited:

http://pearljamlive.com

The bootlegs aren't free, they sell them through their website.

They are, like. See above.

[snip]

Live shows are certainly notorious but they aren't given away free by the band. Although they are happy for fans to share the music once it is no longer available to buy from their website and happy for bootlegs to be shared if never been made commercially available.

Here's a source for a load of free ones
http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules/jinzora2/

I was under the impression that pearljamlive.com was officially sanctioned (if not actually run by the band).

Last edited:
Hotel booked for 1st night, however very tempted to ditch this, sell my QOTSA tickets for Finsbury Park and do Mad Cool festival in Madrid - PJ, QOTSA and Depeche Mode over three days.
Flights £85 return from EDI

Back