Pearl Jam

Saw them last weekend at Rock Werchter ower in Belgium. Have just gotten over the weekend, lost my voice, aching like fuck, and liver waving the white flag- but what a f***ing show they put on! Headlined at 2300 on the Saturday night, played for 2 hours. Rambled on a bit about trump midway (I think, I was f***ing shitfaced) but I pogoed for pretty much the whole gig. Only slow number they done was Imagine (John Lennon), just long enough for me to get my wind back.
Amazing

8 according to the website

I’m quite confident of getting forward, I’m an experienced gig goer.

They said 8 last time and it was 8.30 but I’m hoping we’ll get a bit extra what with the cancellation and it now being the last night in Europe.

Berlin was worse said they’d be on at 7 then didn’t come on til 8. I basically held that piss for four hours :mad:

They said 8 last time and it was 8.30 but I’m hoping we’ll get a bit extra what with the cancellation and it now being the last night in Europe.

Berlin was worse said they’d be on at 7 then didn’t come on til 8. I basically held that piss for four hours :mad:
It’s generally hard stop 10.30 so will see I guess.

They had better be worth it :lol:

Well I’ve left but enjoyed it

Observations:
- they’re the perfect arena rock band, whether that’s a compliment or not I don’t know
- the slow stuff is excellent, the quick stuff is excellent. The stuff in the middle is very MOR and frankly a bit shit
- he’s a great frontman
- the song with Stone singing. f***ing dreadful
- birthday cakes? Haway
- the atmosphere was cracking. People clearly love them.

A solid 7/10 for me.

I think that was the one.

Well I’ve left but enjoyed it

Observations:
- they’re the perfect arena rock band, whether that’s a compliment or not I don’t know
- the slow stuff is excellent, the quick stuff is excellent. The stuff in the middle is very MOR and frankly a bit shit
- he’s a great frontman
- the song with Stone singing. f***ing dreadful
- birthday cakes? Haway
- the atmosphere was cracking. People clearly love them.

A solid 7/10 for me.

You missed the third and fourth encores ffs.

They’ve only just started tuning up. We’re accidentally so far forward I think I’ll be protecting my old man from the ‘mosh pit’ all night.

Probably weren't to far away from me in that case. Got smashed about a bit early on. Too old for that shit but f***ing loved it tonight.

Proper fans reward setlist basically. Cut a few of the big ones (Better man and Black) and give us some absolute gems such as Satan's Bed, Whipping, Around the Bend and not forgetting opened with Oceans. Fantastic.

Probably weren't to far away from me in that case. Got smashed about a bit early on. Too old for that shit but f***ing loved it tonight.

Proper fans reward setlist basically. Cut a few of the big ones (Better man and Black) and give us some absolute gems such as Satan's Bed, Whipping, Around the Bend and not forgetting opened with Oceans. Fantastic.

Yeah was a great set - loads of firsts for me. Probably my favourite show yet and the sound was better than the first show although not as good as Berlin.

Yeah was a great set - loads of firsts for me. Probably my favourite show yet and the sound was better than the first show although not as good as Berlin.

As soon as they started with Oceans and then into a raft of fast paced ones it was obvious it was a set list to please the fans rather than the masses.

Hard to pick out an actual highligth even though I was chuffes to get some new ones ticked off the list. Up In My Tree remains on my Wishlist though ha ha.

Thought they were fantastic. Definitely worth the wait

Even with his dodgy throat last month it was good, but last night blew that away.

As soon as they started with Oceans and then into a raft of fast paced ones it was obvious it was a set list to please the fans rather than the masses.

Hard to pick out an actual highligth even though I was chuffes to get some new ones ticked off the list. Up In My Tree remains on my Wishlist though ha ha.

Even with his dodgy throat last month it was good, but last night blew that away.
Went absolutely mental when they played Alive and Jeremy. His covers of Tom Petty and Bob Dylan/ Hendrix were absolutely brilliant. I was reading all along the watchtower wasn't planned, that's why all the lights came on

Went absolutely mental when they played Alive and Jeremy. His covers of Tom Petty and Bob Dylan/ Hendrix were absolutely brilliant. I was reading all along the watchtower wasn't planned, that's why all the lights came on

They were way past the curfew time so the lights were on for a while at the end.
Watch Tower was on the pictured setlist (see link) but looked like they were going to scratch it due to time until they all snuck on behind Eddie, grabbed instruments and just went into it. Brilliant.

Won't Back Down was special mind. Ed was close to tears a few times when talking of people that have gone in the last year or so.

Check out @PearlJam’s Tweet: Pearl Jam on Twitter

Good article on not just Tuesdays gig but what makes the band and their gigs

Inside Pearl Jam's astonishing end-of-tour blow out

Last edited:

Back