Peanut Allergy Treatment

Peanut allergy is virtually non existent in the far East.

My daughter is half Chinese and has a peanut allergy, I know of a few Chinese kids who have mild to severe allergies so whilst it is less common I think non existent is pushing it a little.

Not at all mate, its a big part of the diet out there and it's believed that exposure in the womb and at a very young age means that the instance of allergy are incredibly low.

Funnily enough in china they actually recommend pregnant women avoid peanuts as it can lead to allergies, the doctors reckon that is why my daughter has it as the wife ate loads of peanuts whilst pregnant

Once had to explain to somebody that the idea behind this was to stop people from dying from accidental peanut contact. Not (which they thought) because they wanted to go through years of treatment and tests to be able to eat two peanuts :lol::lol:

Once had to explain to somebody that the idea behind this was to stop people from dying from accidental peanut contact. Not (which they thought) because they wanted to go through years of treatment and tests to be able to eat two peanuts :lol::lol:

Bet they didn't even like them either

Depends where your from. I once got food poisoning from a badly cooked beef burger.

I also once witnessed a lad from murton pick chewy off the ground and stick it in his gob.

My worst was a curry - was sick everywhere the next day.

I'm sure the excessive consumption of lager followed by half a bottle of Laphroaig had nothing to do with it.

I'm convinced a lot of these allergies are down to chemicals used in the production of modern foodstuffs. Pesticides, herbicides, growth hormones, steroids etc. There just seems to have been an explosion in gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance, nut allergies in the past 20 years or so which I wasn't aware of growing up.

A variation on homeopathy.

You weren’t aware of it growing up because some kids were labelled as sickly children and died

Peanut allergy treatment 'in sight'

An effective treatment for many could be around the corner.

"Peanut allergy can be beaten with a treatment that slowly builds up tolerance, a large study shows.

None of nearly 500 four- to 17-year-olds from the US and Europe could tolerate even a 10th of a peanut dose.

But after taking tiny daily doses for a year, two-thirds could tolerate at least two whole peanuts."

Haway the scientists :cool::cool::cool:
I know someone that was involved in the study. Fascinating stuff.

I'm convinced a lot of these allergies are down to chemicals used in the production of modern foodstuffs. Pesticides, herbicides, growth hormones, steroids etc. There just seems to have been an explosion in gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance, nut allergies in the past 20 years or so which I wasn't aware of growing up.

A variation on homeopathy.
You never heard of a kid with an allergy when I was at school and statistically they should have been dropping like flies..

Back