PC Wayne Couzens pleads guilty to kidnap and rape of Sarah Everard

7 years ago the police executed a warrant and bust down my front door. Looking for drugs, apparently. They seemed a bit miffed that all I had was about 2 or 3 grams of weed in my little tin. They did find a carbon filter, in a box, unopened. A carbon filter can be used in the production of cannabis. There was nothing else to go with it.

The police officer who seemed to be in charge came downstairs and into the room where me, my then girlfriend and her little daughter were sitting. He asked me what I had the carbon filter for... I just looked at him and didn't reply. He then told me that if I didn't admit to it being there for the production of cannabis that my girlfriend would also be arrested and then the evil bastard pointed at her 3 year old daughter and said 'And she'll be taken into care'. He done this in front of about another 3 or 4 officers in the room and not one of them batted an eyelid.

Only bad experience I've had with them, mind. I've never trusted them since and never will again.

Know plenty about it, as already indicated. But, don't rely on me, let's hear from someone you can't dismiss as easily: former chief constable Sue Fish.

One night, when Sue Fish was in her mid-twenties and a probationary officer, a senior colleague left her in their car while he had sex in the house of a woman he had encountered while policing Was she a vulnerable woman? “I would hazard a guess"

“It’s fair to say sex on duty was seen by some as being a perk of the job,” she says

In an interview on BBC’s Woman’s Hour, Fish was asked if she would go to the police if she had been sexually assaulted “I would think very carefully about it,” she replied. What she did not elaborate on was that she was herself sexually assaulted twice as an adult — both times she was a serving police officer and the offender was a more senior police officer.

When she joined the force she was advised that the chief constable disapproved of women who “lived in sin”, but also that married women were unwanted as they would leave to have babies. For a young woman going into policing now, how confident is she that they would be safe and respected? “I’d love to think that they would be, I’m not completely confident, putting it mildly"

Former communications officer at NSY for the Met.
Sounds troubling until you realise it was from 30 years ago. You’re not very good at this.
7 years ago the police executed a warrant and bust down my front door. Looking for drugs, apparently. They seemed a bit miffed that all I had was about 2 or 3 grams of weed in my little tin. They did find a carbon filter, in a box, unopened. A carbon filter can be used in the production of cannabis. There was nothing else to go with it.

The police officer who seemed to be in charge came downstairs and into the room where me, my then girlfriend and her little daughter were sitting. He asked me what I had the carbon filter for... I just looked at him and didn't reply. He then told me that if I didn't admit to it being there for the production of cannabis that my girlfriend would also be arrested and then the evil bastard pointed at her 3 year old daughter and said 'And she'll be taken into care'. He done this in front of about another 3 or 4 officers in the room and not one of them batted an eyelid.

Only bad experience I've had with them, mind. I've never trusted them since and never will again.

So, the warrant was justified, you had some drugs. The police officer was concerned you may be involved in cultivation and a young child could be living there. Children’s services would definitely have some involvement there and could ultimately remove a child from someone’s care if the address was used to grow drugs- they often get taxes by violent offenders, no place for a child to be spending time is it? Was the officer not just pointing out that he may have to arrest and interview both your partner and yourself if no one was taking responsibility for the small amount of drugs? Seems like if you were any sort of bloke you’d have protected your Lass from that potential outcome. Odd complaint.

Last edited by a moderator:
A story from a former officer from over 30 years ago? The job is unrecognisable from that time. I hear stories of things that used to go from retired cops and its shocking. Its unrecognisable.
Youve not indicated anything. All youve used is google. I could find enough horrible stories about nurses/doctors.

So in this communications role were you a PC? Front line role?
Google was not used, nor any similar search engine.

Not a story. A number of experiences showing the abuse of power and authority, backed up by colleagues and the hierarchy. Particularly pertinent for the police, as they have the ultimate authority in denying you freedom and potentially ending all of your freedom. Doctors and nurses can't do anything near that. Plenty of police would still want to see people executed, and would work solidly to see that outcome, knowing that they've pinpointed a suspect who can wrap up their case, conveniently ignoring any facts and doubts that interfere with that.

The job is far from unrecognisable from that time. The issues are largely the same, camouflaged by the increasing use of PR techniques. Officers are confident they can abuse their power and if caught, their only punishment will be a slight telling off. What's telling is that, even with the increased use of cameras and video, they still feel the same immunity, as seen by the Lancashire police officer.

Not a story. A number of experiences showing the abuse of power and authority, backed up by colleagues and the hierarchy. Particularly pertinent for the police, as they have the ultimate authority in denying you freedom and potentially ending all of your freedom. Doctors and nurses can't do anything near that. Plenty of police would still want to see people executed, and would work solidly to see that outcome, knowing that they've pinpointed a suspect who can wrap up their case, conveniently ignoring any facts and doubts that interfere with that.

The job is far from unrecognisable from that time. The issues are largely the same, camouflaged by the increasing use of PR techniques. Officers are confident they can abuse their power and if caught, their only punishment will be a slight telling off. What's telling is that, even with the increased use of cameras and video, they still feel the same immunity, as seen by the Lancashire police officer.
Bizarre.

Sounds troubling until you realise it was from 30 years ago. You’re not very good at this.
You conveniently ignore what she says on policing now, and whether there is any greater level of trust or transparency.

You would expect that she would say how much has changed since then, but she says the opposite - a former chief constable.

And looking at recent cases of police misconduct, who can really deny that?

In my almost 50 years I have had absolutely no dealings with the police at all, neither good nor bad. Suppose I’ve just been lucky. This case is extremely sad but we need to accept it for what it is a one off, to which some lessons need to be learned.

In my almost 50 years I have had absolutely no dealings with the police at all, neither good nor bad. Suppose I’ve just been lucky. This case is extremely sad but we need to accept it for what it is a one off, to which some lessons need to be learned.
I imagine you’re unusual. I’m roughly the same age and I’ve been assaulted at a footie match and outside a pub, had my car broken into, my student accommodation burgled, been a witness to a couple of crimes, stopped a few times driving and on one occasion arrested because my mate had a ziplock bag of medication he needed for a couple of conditions loose in his luggage and the police thought we were dealing. I’m a very ordinary law abiding citizen. I also have frequent involvement with police as part of my job.
My experience has been good, bad and indifferent.

So, the warrant was justified, you had some drugs. The police officer was concerned you may be involved in cultivation and a young child could be living there. Children’s services would definitely have some involvement there and could ultimately remove a child from someone’s care if the address was used to grow drugs- they often get taxes by violent offenders, no place for a child to be spending time is it? Was the officer not just pointing out that he may have to arrest and interview both your partner and yourself if no one was taking responsibility for the small amount of drugs? Seems like if you were any sort of bloke you’d have protected your Lass from that potential outcome. Odd complaint.
Yes, I had £20 of cannabis in my house so ultimately the warrant was justified.

You have let yourself run away with the rest of your ramblings, though. Why are you talking about growing drugs at the property? That wasn't happening so don't convince yourself that it was. I immediately took responsibility for the cannabis. I told them it was mine.

The officer, if you read properly the first time before getting yourself all excited, told me that if I didn't say I was intending to grow cannabis in the property he would be arresting my girlfriend and potentially having her daughter taken into care. He was telling me to admit to something that wasn't happening.

Also FYI because of his threat I sadly 'admitted' that I was intending to grow drugs to protect my then girlfriend and her child. I admitted to something that I hadn't done under duress.

Last edited:

Its the courts that put people away not the police. They simply gather evidence.

Doctors and nurses have the potential and have on occasion done worse in ending lives.

Want to provide evidence that plenty of officers want to see people executed?

And the job is unrecognisable. Its changed a lot in the time ive been in it.

And you didnt answer my question... this communication role you had. Were you warranted pc on the front line? From what i can see its what i call a call handler/dispatcher. If that was the role you held, you know nothing about front line policing other than what you think you do.

Its the courts that put people away not the police. They simply gather evidence.

Doctors and nurses have the potential and have on occasion done worse in ending lives.

Want to provide evidence that plenty of officers want to see people executed?

And the job is unrecognisable. Its changed a lot in the time ive been in it.

And you didnt answer my question... this communication role you had. Were you warranted pc on the front line? From what i can see its what i call a call handler/dispatcher. If that was the role you held, you know nothing about front line policing other than what you think you do.
The U.K. may be different and I certainly haven’t seen any surveys of police views on capital punishment in the U.K. but studies in the USA suggest most police chiefs don’t support the death penalty.
Public polls in the U.K. somewhat alarmingly suggest the death penalty would be supported by a majority for certain categories of murder though so it’s quite possible that view would be reflected in the police force.

You have let yourself run away with the rest of your ramblings, though. Why are you talking about growing drugs at the property? That wasn't happening so don't convince yourself that it was. I immediately took responsibility for the cannabis. I told them it was mine.

The officer, if you read properly the first time before getting yourself all excited, told me that if I didn't say I was intending to grow cannabis in the property he would be arresting my girlfriend and potentially having her daughter taken into care. He was telling me to admit to something that wasn't happening.

Also FYI because of his threat I sadly 'admitted' that I was intending to grow drugs to protect my then girlfriend and her child. I admitted to something that I hadn't done under duress.
Pffft. Drugs, equipment and an admission? Someone sounds guilty to me. I can see why she left you.

I'm not victim blaming here at all I'm just wondering for my own safety... you would never get arrested by a lone policeman would you?

I think if you are on your own and the police want to pull you over you are allowed to drive on to a police station or somewhere public where it is safe to do so.

After this if a lone policeman wants to cuff me I'll be kicking off and requesting they call it in and bring support etc
Totally right Katty never trust a copper, even those who have run off to Australia.

Why did you have a carbon filter?

So to summarise 57 pages, a serving police officer says the police are mint and someone else says they're not always mint?

You are not lucky just a law abiding good person who has just posted a well measured post.

Have a like 👍

Arseholes calling all cops are idiots.
How many sparkies,joiners etc. have commited serious crimes, but you would still have one at your house.
Yes it is a tragedy and not acceptable, but seriously some of the brain shit on here is baffling.

Back