PC Help

SteveFTM

Striker
FTF :lol:

Seriously though I'm in need of some help here from the computer techie brigade ;)

I've an Asus EB 1505 mini PC connected up to the TV and I want to boot up from a Windows DVD but can't find an option in the BIOS to do this.
Logon or register to see this image

I don't seem to have the option to boot from CD or USB and I don't want to mess about too much in case I screw things up altogether. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance
Logon or register to see this image

Format
The
Fucker

Your dvd might have become disconnected internally, open it up and have a look? Does it open normally?

Last edited:
Basically I followed a method of going into BIOS via PC settings recovery and entering EUFI settings or something like that to reboot into BIOS. The setting that I wanted wasn't showing up in BIOS. All I really needed to do on start up was press the F2 key to get into BIOS and all the boot priority settings were there. What a fanny about, but all good now.

From that screen don't you need to go to boot option priorities, or are you saying you have been there and there are no options?

Found this on a forum, sounds similar

I just today bought a brand new Asus N56VZ and I am very excited. The only thing is, that it came with Windows 8 already installed and my gaming headset Creative SB Arena doesn't support Windows 8 so I need to install Windows 7.
I have an USB drive on which I have put Windows files and made the drive bootable. I have installed Windows on 2 computers using that drive already.
When I wanted to do the same on this computer, i was shocked to see that booting from my usb drive isn't even an option. No big deal, I thought, and I burned a DVD. Can't even boot from the DVD! The only boot option that is listed in the BIOS is the Windows Boot Manager or something.
I need to know how I can tell me computer to boot from my bootable usb drive.

He then answers his own question

Problem solved!

In bios:
1. secure boot - disabled
2. launch csm - enabled

I think I can see those 2 on your screen, good luck

From that screen don't you need to go to boot option priorities, or are you saying you have been there and there are no options?

Found this on a forum, sounds similar

I just today bought a brand new Asus N56VZ and I am very excited. The only thing is, that it came with Windows 8 already installed and my gaming headset Creative SB Arena doesn't support Windows 8 so I need to install Windows 7.
I have an USB drive on which I have put Windows files and made the drive bootable. I have installed Windows on 2 computers using that drive already.
When I wanted to do the same on this computer, i was shocked to see that booting from my usb drive isn't even an option. No big deal, I thought, and I burned a DVD. Can't even boot from the DVD! The only boot option that is listed in the BIOS is the Windows Boot Manager or something.
I need to know how I can tell me computer to boot from my bootable usb drive.

He then answers his own question

Problem solved!

In bios:
1. secure boot - disabled
2. launch csm - enabled

I think I can see those 2 on your screen, good luck
That sounds very much what was happening to me, all I saw was boot to Windows Boot Manager in the BIOS settings. What I should have done was to simply assess the BIOS by pressing F2 on startup rather than the instructions I found online.

Did you press F11 marra ?
No, I pressed the Any Key :cool:

Last edited:
That sounds very much what was happening to me, all I saw was boot to Windows Boot Manager in the BIOS settings. What I should have done was to simply assess the BIOS by pressing F2 on startup rather than the instructions I found online.

No, I pressed the Any Key :cool:

:lol:

Back