PC gone mad thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres that, then theres taking it too far. Who would get a job in a store where a large part of the stuff they sell offends them ? When any shop or store or any company takes someone on, why dont they tell the prospective employee that the job has to be done to suit us, not you ? You don't like that, then why are you applying.
In a wharehouse, would a forklift driver dictate what he's prepared to move.
I used to work as a barman in newcastle. I did'nt go to the boss and say, Mind i'm not serving any mags with a barcode top on.
I don't ask at my curry house if they can do mine with non Halal meat.
Tell the kid on the checkout to do his job and stop being so precious, or resign.

Precisely. You seem to be offended. You'd probably want the poor sod to work on the bacon counter every day. ;)

All the Tills? On the occasions I've been in Aldi they've only had one till open with a massive queue infront of it. I avoid the shop.

There's often quieter times when only one till is open, which would surely leave this fella up shit creek.

I understood that all staff were trained to do any job in the store, so how does this fella make out when it comes to restocking the shelves with alcohol, pork and bacon ?

Seems to me he's nowt but a handicap and in the wrong job.

This kind of crack is the other cheek of the same arse. The argument that anyone that ever expresses the opinion that on some occasions there are over-zealous and silly applications of political correctness that defy common sense or practicality, is of course a thinly veiled racist. This example of a shop worker refusing to process an alcohol sale is a prime example.

You know what, sometimes political correctness does go mad and it's incredibly churlish to suggest that it doesn't. It's just another in a long line of legitimate words and phrases that are spoiled due to misuse.

Last edited:
PS gone mad surely? That sergeant has been on the news a couple of times recently about his tweets, very outspoken
Aye. Perfectly true what he says though, and well played to D and C cunstabulary. Plenty of other forces would have hung him out to dry for it

It's not illegal in this country to sell alcohol or pork etc so the shop should pander to any religious group which have objections to that
They shouldn't apply for the job in the first place and they should be told if you won't serve customers you are in breach of contract
For pity's sake how many corner shops and off licences are run by Asian muslims..?
Is the NISA chain not Asian owned?

It's not illegal in this country to sell alcohol or pork etc so the shop should pander to any religious group which have objections to that
They shouldn't apply for the job in the first place and they should be told if you won't serve customers you are in breach of contract
For pity's sake how many corner shops and off licences are run by Asian muslims..?
Is the NISA chain not Asian owned?

Exaxtly. It's pandering to a minority even though it's impractical.

Which to me, is the definition of "PC gone mad."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back