PC gone mad thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

200 pages...

Give ower, it's my thread. :lol:

Takes away the underage thing, well when common sense prevails.

I got a job at Waitrose when I was 17, but I knew people who were in my school working there who were 16. It's not a problem except you have to get your supervisor to scan the alcohol through for you (because you're not legally allowed) and obviously stuff like tobacco and maybe lottery tickets(?) will be the same, although I think most supermarkets have a separate place which sells those, and it'll just be that you won't be allowed to work on there.

Last edited:
Give ower, it's my thread. :lol:

I'm sure you can keep it going by copying and pasting a few of the DM reader comments such as:

Fefedee, Dublin, 14 hours ago

If it was a bloke on the till that wasn't fond of handling tampons would they put a note up for him. If the store sells it then it should be available for purchase at all tills. No one is asking the cashier to drink it or to judge those who buy it. What about if the other cashier doesn't want to handle pork will I have to go through the tills twice to buy beer and sausage.

:lol:

The customer is always right.

Religion is at the root of most that is evil in this world. Fancy still believing about imaginary blokes in the sky and having your life dictated by their and their preachers rules.

Tho shalt not serve alcohol, use blobs or eat certain meats. There's islam, catholicism, judaism and hindi so called virtues right there. Madness.

I have a mate who manages a supermarket in Leicester and was getting loads of shit like this - can't serve pork, can't serve alcohol, About 90% of them change their minds when he says "no problem I can make reasonable changes to your job to accommodate your beliefs - now can you go and do some shelfstacking/warehouse humping/unblocking the shithouse"

Given that theres probably tens of thousands of muslim shop owners who have no issue selling these sort of goods then theyre clearly just being needlessly overly militant for the sake of it.

And being of militant type they should be reminded that they could be on the extreme end of islam and as such you have a duty to report as a potential terror threat. Im sure that would make them change their tune

Fight their silliness with more silliness

Reactions: PTR
Has the phrase 'PC gone mad' been used by anyone who wasn't a sad, old crushing bore of a human being?

I would like to know what the defining characteristic of the 'gone mad' bit is for the typical crushing bore. I mean if it's believed that certain types of PC are those that have 'gone mad' then what are the types of PC that they believe to be rational, even handed and sensible?

Anyway, the more sensitive and appropriate phrase is 'PC gone mentally challenged'. 'Mad' is such a non-inclusive, judgemental word don't you think?

I would like to know what the defining characteristic of the 'gone mad' bit is for the typical crushing bore. I mean if it's believed that certain types of PC are those that have 'gone mad' then what are the types of PC that they believe to be rational, even handed and sensible?

Anyway, the more sensitive and appropriate phrase is 'PC gone mentally challenged'. 'Mad' is such a non-inclusive, judgemental word don't you think?

I didn't believe it was worth the overthought. :lol:

I have a mate who manages a supermarket in Leicester and was getting loads of shit like this - can't serve pork, can't serve alcohol, About 90% of them change their minds when he says "no problem I can make reasonable changes to your job to accommodate your beliefs - now can you go and do some shelfstacking/warehouse humping/unblocking the shithouse"
So who worked the tills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back