PC gaming

Major

Central Defender
What are people playing ? I’ve moved away from consoles and need to sink my teeth into an online game and hopefully tag along with some of you.

:evil: Someone gifted me phasmophobia to play on my VR knowing im not keen on horror or scary stuff.

I spent a fortune upgrading my PC to get the most out of my VR headset thinking I would use it allot more. But I got COD coldwar black ops for free with my graphics card so I have become pretty addicted to that.

I also play a fair bit elite dangerous, gradually playing my way through half life alyx, Assassin's Creed odyssey. I also play the odd spell of the division2, arma 3, battlefront 2. Recently finished the last of the gears of war games on game pass that I was yet to complete.

:evil: Someone gifted me phasmophobia to play on my VR knowing im not keen on horror or scary stuff.

I spent a fortune upgrading my PC to get the most out of my VR headset thinking I would use it allot more. But I got COD coldwar black ops for free with my graphics card so I have become pretty addicted to that.

I also play a fair bit elite dangerous, gradually playing my way through half life alyx, Assassin's Creed odyssey. I also play the odd spell of the division2, arma 3, battlefront 2. Recently finished the last of the gears of war games on game pass that I was yet to complete.

Going to hopefully play GOW 4 and 5. I stopped at 3 on 360

Can you just have 3 other randoms come on with you or do you need friends?

Yeah, you can play with randoms. You just create a public lobby and allow others to join.

I've only ever played with friends.

It's the sort of game where I imagine it'd be annoying to get stuck with someone of a vastly different skill level - either too far below you slowing things down or too far above you getting toxic at you over the mic for slowing them down. You need to communicate with your team over voice comms (and to you have to use your voice to communicate with the ghost too) so there would always be the possibility that randoms would be arseholes, or kids, etc.

That said, if it's your own lobby you can probably kick people if you don't like them.

It's great with a bunch of people you know though.

Yeah, you can play with randoms. You just create a public lobby and allow others to join.

I've only ever played with friends.

It's the sort of game where I imagine it'd be annoying to get stuck with someone of a vastly different skill level - either too far below you slowing things down or too far above you getting toxic at you over the mic for slowing them down. You need to communicate with your team over voice comms (and to you have to use your voice to communicate with the ghost too) so there would always be the possibility that randoms would be arseholes, or kids, etc.

That said, if it's your own lobby you can probably kick people if you don't like them.

It's great with a bunch of people you know though.

All my mates are console gamers you see

Suppoosedly class through VR.

It won "Indie Game Of The Year 2020" iirc.

It's very good. And they're updating it constantly. I say "they", I think it's made by one guy.

Ah fair enough.

You can probably find folks to play it with via the Steam community too. More likely to find people around the same skill level that way (or folks that don't mind "training you up").

Actually, thinking about it, there's an official Phasmo Discord channel too. Bound to be able to find the right folks to team up with on there.

Last edited:

Back