Pc experts

Banks

Striker
Can anyone suggest a super 2070 and 3700x build for as little as possible?

I keep coming to a total of 1500 quid which I can't afford. I'm hoping someone smarter than me can cut possible corners I'm not aware of.

Must be that CPU and GPu.
An x570 mobo
Bronze PSU

Can't be done can it 🤣

What are you wanting to play like? A 2070 + 3700x seems like a rich persons overkill build.

More for future really. Next gen consoles look to be around the 2070 2080 mark graphic card wise.

The 3700x has more threads. Than other cheaper options. I know there are plenty of builds that would be suitable now but once the next gen is here they may start to fall behind

I got a 1660 super from falcon computers for 230 quid cant see me needing an upgrade for a few year, dont see why u need them specs even to future proof, if you cant afford the build you want drop down the grx card to what i suggested and upgrade that in a cpl yr when/if you need to, should give you plenty time to save up for it

Can anyone suggest a super 2070 and 3700x build for as little as possible?

I keep coming to a total of 1500 quid which I can't afford. I'm hoping someone smarter than me can cut possible corners I'm not aware of.

Must be that CPU and GPu.
An x570 mobo
Bronze PSU

Can't be done can it 🤣

Hoy your parts list up then and we might be able to get it down.

Will tonight. I'm dropping down to a rx5700

Will get me 1440 60fps

Can always upgrade it in 2 years to beat the next gen

I got a RX 5700XT gives me between 85 and 120fps at 1440 depending on the game.

Word of warning , the radeon drivers are pants and it occasionally give me a black screen on loading into a game. It's something to do with the drivers not the card itself, a quick system restart sorts it out though.

Edit, if you know what you're doing and want to take the risk you can flash the bios on the 5700 to give the same performance as the XT card.

Last edited:
Decided to hang fire. I'd be making too many compromises as need a decent 1440p monitor as well

Decided to keep saving and invest in the winter

£1033

I just got a pair of these monitors from dell, 32" 165hz freesync 2 1440

They are £400 on there but you can get discount codes with 10% off.

There are always good deals for parts popping up here if you keep your eye out.
I forgot about this, but recently AMD released a refresh of the original ryzen 1600 called the 1600 af. Its basically a 2600 but costs less than £100.

You could run one of those for a year to get you going then later sell it on and replace it with a 3700 or 3600.

Last edited:

£1033

I just got a pair of these monitors from dell, 32" 165hz freesync 2 1440

They are £400 on there but you can get discount codes with 10% off.

There are always good deals for parts popping up here if you keep your eye out.
I forgot about this, but recently AMD released a refresh of the original ryzen 1600 called the 1600 af. Its basically a 2600 but costs less than £100.

You could run one of those for a year to get you going then later sell it on and replace it with a 3700 or 3600.

Can't be bothered with hassle of selling parts on to be honest mate.

I was down to skin and bones just to have a PC in the end. Rather save 6 more months.

I was considering only having 512 SSD to get me going on a 1660 super as I won't compromise on the 3600 ram and 3600.

I want a good board so I can upgrade easily. I was getting the tomahawk pro so I didn't have to faff on upgrading bios.

But need a decent keyboard mouse and speakers on top of a monitor. Won't hurt to see what Nvidia do either with the ps5 coming out this year. Be interesting to see how good the 3 series are going to be.

Anyone got any old kit they want to flog? Need to build a system to play FM a bit better than my laptop - gonna sit it in the garage and just RDP onto it.

Havent built a PC in a good while - looking for anything 4th or 5th gen i3/5/7 onwards as dont really want to spend a fortune on it in all honesty - Can onboard graphics run FM ok these days?

Anyone got any old kit they want to flog? Need to build a system to play FM a bit better than my laptop - gonna sit it in the garage and just RDP onto it.

Havent built a PC in a good while - looking for anything 4th or 5th gen i3/5/7 onwards as dont really want to spend a fortune on it in all honesty - Can onboard graphics run FM ok these days?

I've got a GTX 1050 TI sitting doing nothing if you need a GPU.

Thinking about getting a new PC myself.

I've got an i7 3770k, 16GB DDR3 RAM, GTX970.

Would sell as a whole setup most likely..
Been looking at pricing a newer setup. Can get a coffee lake motherboard for around £50 (I tend to buy Asus) and can a mid range penguin thing for around the same price. Will be enough and can upgrade to a 9th gen i5 if I need to.

Might interest you if you're on the look out for a budget build.

Got a gtx 760 garn for nowt, sure i have a pc in the cupboard with a decent power supply an i5 and 8 gig corsair vengance ram anarl probly just needs a hard drive and windows disk and its ready to go, wouldnt want nee coin for it its not being used so anyone wants it for nowt giz a shout

Back