Pay Rise

Is there a timescale for when employers have to tell you about new salary taking effect?

Been told we won't find out till week commencing 09/04 which is much later than usual.

Then I'm telling you/her no more and she can find out once it's been agreed amongst the union members and officials.

Dinnit tell him owt more man. :rolleyes:

Once the senior comrades have skimmed off their cut, the plebs toiling in the gulags will get their crumbs.

I'm not sure of the exact figures, it maybe worse !
the pay rises stopped in 07 cause we were blamed for the crash, and I think I've had at LEAST 4 years of 0%, and the others have been capped at 1%
so it could be 7% in 11 years (at best ) but again, there has been pension contribution rises on top of that figure

I’m being made redundant instead. Just after the tax changes which should see me lose a wedge as well :rolleyes:

Hopefully find something else pretty quick and get me pay rise that way.

Great isn’t it.

Band A property in my LA goes up by about £50-£55.

Personal allowance gives me an extra £101 a year, CT rise wipes half of that out right away. Add on the 1% pay rise that is less than inflation and that’s a real-terms pay cut :D

I’ve only had rises through moving or the NMW increasing

Local government are getting 2%

Great isn’t it.

Band A property in my LA goes up by about £50-£55.

Personal allowance gives me an extra £101 a year, CT rise wipes half of that out right away. Add on the 1% pay rise that is less than inflation and that’s a real-terms pay cut :D

I’ve only had rises through moving or the NMW increasing

You wanna move to a decent profit making firm frijj.

Got 20% last 2 years so doubt anything for me.

I’m being made redundant instead. Just after the tax changes which should see me lose a wedge as well :rolleyes:

Hopefully find something else pretty quick and get me pay rise that way.

Fucks sake. Sorry to hear that marra.

It sounds cliche as fuck and didn't help me when I was redundant but it is actually true, you'll find something better.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see whether Choice goes along with these proposals.

If I was a betting man............
There will be caveats to it. I reckon the higher bands will get nowehere near the amount quoted. The lower bands might get maximum increase which affects other things like tax credits etc so in the longer term the burden may not be as great for the government

Back