Pay as you play deals

Every bloody window, people suggest these (generally for players who have fitness issues)

When was the last time you heard of this ever happening?

Utter myth

I don’t think they are a myth but it’s not a case of no money if u don’t play just a low basic salary with big appearance and performance bonuses

It's illegal. They have to train, therefore why would they not get paid :lol:
NMW or a very very basic wage with a large appearance bonus.

Sensible option for a club that chooses to employ a player with a very questionable fitness or injury record.

A good option for a player if no other club would take them on a full time contract.

Obviously the OP is a know it all and is always right so these things clearly never ever happen

Deals can be heavily weighted on appearances. Eg £2k per week basic and £5k bonus per appearance. But there’s no such thing as pay as you play anymore as others have said, they need to train as normal so they can’t do that for free

Wonder what Socrates was on when he played non league in England back in the last century.

fantastic player Socrates
Brilliant. And he was actually a philosopher anarl, Doctor Socrates. Also remember, Motson during a commentary on a Brazil game:

"And Socrates scores a goal which in many ways sums up the whole philosophy of Brazilian football" - from Spain in 1982.

Last edited:
Brilliant. And he was actually a philosopher anarl, Doctor Socrates. Also remember, think it was Motson during a commentary on a Brazil game, used the line "Socrates, personifying the philosophy of Brazilian football" during a game. Or something like that. :)
I’ve just started reading a book on Brazil 82 and have also read Socrates biography. I loved that time and team

Back