Paul Stewart consortium bid to buy Blackpool FC

Sure I read somewhere that Oyston is part of the EFL panel that conducts the fit and proper test for prospective owners. If that is true it just shows the site that football has got itself into. Can anyone shed any light on that or whether it's fake news.

Sure I read somewhere that Oyston is part of the EFL panel that conducts the fit and proper test for prospective owners. If that is true it just shows the site that football has got itself into. Can anyone shed any light on that or whether it's fake news.

Found this article in The Guardian for background

That £11m salary and why Blackpool refuse to inflate players' wages | David Conn

Not sure how accurate it is but does provide some interestingly thoughts

I am sure there were more lurid articles about but if memory serves there were some legal actions

It’s true

Absolute bollocks surely? The old mans banned because of the fitnproper tests.

Found this article in The Guardian for background

That £11m salary and why Blackpool refuse to inflate players' wages | David Conn

Not sure how accurate it is but does provide some interestingly thoughts

I am sure there were more lurid articles about but if memory serves there were some legal actions

Conn's a reliable journalist, and, given the Oystons litigious personalities, you can be pretty sure The Guardian's lawyers will have crawled all over it as well.

Conn's a reliable journalist, and, given the Oystons litigious personalities, you can be pretty sure The Guardian's lawyers will have crawled all over it as well.

Yes think some legal eagles will have been earning their corn :lol:
There does appear to be some confusion in the article as to whether this was salary, dividend or inter company transfer, relatively easy to check at Companies House but I thought a financial journalist would have done the groundwork. Of course if he is a sports journalist then fair enough ;) but as you say given the litigious nature I would have thought that the facts would have been set in stone. It was for this reason that I wasn't tooo sure about the accuracy of the article

Back