Paul Heckingbottom

Even the state we're in, we are a huge club compared to Barnsley, and that's no disrespect to Barnsley. If he's offered the job he has a decision to make, does he stick or twist? Grayson is a classic example of gambling and failing.
In hindsight, he should have stayed at Preston, but life is one big gamble some people may say
And Barnsley aren't exactly flying under him. His record is no better than Grayson's

I disagree. It won't be him anyway but as for managerial graveyard.

Hardly, those who have been are all in work at club or international level, whilst big Sam is putting the whole football world to rights on TV.

Even Moyes is back within 6 months to a plum premier league job.

To be seen if Grayson is finished

Ironically Moyes was so bad here the rest of football seem to have concluded it was the club's fault. Allardyce excluded the rest havent fared too well at club management though. Di Cannio & Poyet are now unemployable in the English game while O Neill will never again have suitors at the highest level.

I don't get this continued denigration of the club by alleged fans.
Yes we are doing it tough but we have just come off a 10 year stint in the premier league. Over half of the clubs in the premier league cant lay claim to similar.
We are cutting our cloth etc and getting shot of players and wages we have accumulated due to a series of bad managers.
The pickford transfer and parachute payments cover most of our debt. Our wages are cut in half. Next season we will be on a much better footing with more parachute payments.
Big transfer fees do not guarantee promotion from this league.
We have a core crowd the envy of most premier teams. We have a great stadium and training facilities.
Despite the snide know nowt skyboy haters who bleat at everything I suggest we are a very attractive proposition for any up and coming manager.
But hey if it makes some of you alleged supporters feel better insulting the club well fill your boots.

Last edited:
Ironically Moyes was so bad here the rest of football seem to have concluded it was the club's fault. Allardyce excluded the rest havent fared too well at club management though. Di Cannio & Poyet are now unemployable in the English game while O Neill will never again have suitors at the highest level.
All in work though, bar Di canio. I'm not sure that poyet is finished in English football mind.

Despite everything, within the game safc are still seen as a club where if things are managed correctly, things will be recognised elsewhere.

Look at the amount of potential ex players we may have in Russia 2018.

I know it's not the time to be anything but downbeat, but things will change.

Yes we are doing it tough but we have just come off a 10 year stint in the premier league. Over half of the clubs in the premier league cant lay claim to similar.
We are cutting our cloth etc and getting shot of players and wages we have accumulated due to a series of bad managers.
The pickford transfer and parachute payments cover most of our debt. Our wages are cut in half. Next season we will be on a much better footing with more parachute payments.
We have a core crowd the envy of most premier teams. We have a great stadium and training facilities.
Despite the snide know nowt skyboy haters who bleat at everything I suggest we are a very attractive proposition for any up and coming manager.
But hey if it makes some of you alleged supporters feel better insulting the club well fill your boots.
What a stint it was as well.....

I don't think I've ever "liked" a post by you Des, but I do agree with a lot you say this time.

And Barnsley aren't exactly flying under him. His record is no better than Grayson's
Barnsley, like Preston, imho are a top half league 1 / bottom half championship size club if you like. I think he's doing ok at Barnsley, as was Grayson at Preston. For what it's worth I think Hegginbottom is not the man for us. We are a big club and deserve a big name manager. Just my opinion like

Well done Ellis Short. I've mentioned him before on here, in my humble opinion. I think he's done a belting job at Barnsley on really limited funds. I think he will be the next Sean Dyche (not style of football but the next youngish manager to emerge from the Championship if given a chance).

Go on Ellis, appoint him and bring the good times back to those loyal fans that oh so deserve it!

Barnsley, like Preston, imho are a top half league 1 / bottom half championship size club if you like. I think he's doing ok at Barnsley, as was Grayson at Preston. For what it's worth I think Hegginbottom is not the man for us. We are a big club and deserve a big name manager. Just my opinion like
We don't deserve a big name and we won't get one. If we're trying for "up and coming" then we could do a lot worse than Paul Hurst imo

We don't deserve a big name and we won't get one. If we're trying for "up and coming" then we could do a lot worse than Paul Hurst imo
The amount of people who go to watch Sunderland week in week out with the shite we've seen and put up with, in an area of mass unemployment, Sunderland fans deserve better. A big name to give the fans hope and optimism, is the least we deserve. But I won't hold my breath

The amount of people who go to watch Sunderland week in week out with the shite we've seen and put up with, in an area of mass unemployment, Sunderland fans deserve better. A big name to give the fans hope and optimism, is the least we deserve. But I won't hold my breath
A big name like who? Meanwhile back in the real world....

Back