Paul Heckingbottom

What happens when we finally get shot of dumb & dumber the new owners don't fancy our new manager & want someone of their own choice in

They get shot - your question is exactly what any half decent manager will be thinking when Bain approaches them - it makes the fact he hadn’t bothered to have anyone lined up prior to sacking Grayson even more incredulous.

Honestly could this joker be any more incompetent if he was trying to win a million In the worlds most incompetent football administrator competition?

Looked smart and well groomed.

Why not give him a chance? We are bottom so can't get any lower than that.

@Bagpuss. I'll be after him, from 30 mins into first game mind

Barnsley lad born and bred, why would he leave his home town club for our basket case?
As it's a chance to progress his career.

I know we are all doom and gloom, end of the world mode, but things will change. Always do

He might never get another chance to manage them, and he's not been there long. Plus we're a managerial graveyard.
I disagree. It won't be him anyway but as for managerial graveyard.

Hardly, those who have been are all in work at club or international level, whilst big Sam is putting the whole football world to rights on TV.

Even Moyes is back within 6 months to a plum premier league job.

To be seen if Grayson is finished

I don't get this continued denigration of the club by alleged fans.
Yes we are doing it tough but we have just come off a 10 year stint in the premier league. Over half of the clubs in the premier league cant lay claim to similar.
We are cutting our cloth etc and getting shot of players and wages we have accumulated due to a series of bad managers.
The pickford transfer and parachute payments cover most of our debt. Our wages are cut in half. Next season we will be on a much better footing with more parachute payments.
Big transfer fees do not guarantee promotion from this league.
We have a core crowd the envy of most premier teams. We have a great stadium and training facilities.
Despite the snide know nowt skyboy haters who bleat at everything I suggest we are a very attractive proposition for any up and coming manager.
But hey if it makes some of you alleged supporters feel better insulting the club well fill your boots.
I'd say being bottom of the second tier with eye watering debt levels mean that clusterfuck is a decent adjective for us at present.

You can't have it both ways, we can't be a clusterfuck that everyone in football knows and a managers graveyard. As a matter of fact the clusterfuck is a ready made excuse for failure, just ask Moyes.

Barnsley lad born and bred, why would he leave his home town club for our basket case?
Even the state we're in, we are a huge club compared to Barnsley, and that's no disrespect to Barnsley. If he's offered the job he has a decision to make, does he stick or twist? Grayson is a classic example of gambling and failing.
In hindsight, he should have stayed at Preston, but life is one big gamble some people may say

I disagree. It won't be him anyway but as for managerial graveyard.

Hardly, those who have been are all in work at club or international level, whilst big Sam is putting the whole football world to rights on TV.

Even Moyes is back within 6 months to a plum premier league job.

To be seen if Grayson is finished
How come a genius like PDC hasn't worked since?!

Seriously, good response marra (as ever)

Back