Paul Heckingbottom

Barnsley fans on Twitter are VERY worried about losing him. Just search "Hecky" for examples!

Grayson's CV was probably more impressive than Heckingbottom's isn't it? Mind, I think we'd even struggle to attract him here (Heck not Grayson) so I've no idea what my point is.

Talking to my tyke future son-in-law about Heckingbottom, extremely positive about him. Has an excellent eye for a player and uses the loan market very efficiently. He's adored by the Barnsley fans and is from the area, I can see him not being interested in our clusterfuck of a club.

Talking to my tyke future son-in-law about Heckingbottom, extremely positive about him. Has an excellent eye for a player and uses the loan market very efficiently. He's adored by the Barnsley fans and is from the area, I can see him not being interested in our clusterfuck of a club.
I don't get this continued denigration of the club by alleged fans.
Yes we are doing it tough but we have just come off a 10 year stint in the premier league. Over half of the clubs in the premier league cant lay claim to similar.
We are cutting our cloth etc and getting shot of players and wages we have accumulated due to a series of bad managers.
The pickford transfer and parachute payments cover most of our debt. Our wages are cut in half. Next season we will be on a much better footing with more parachute payments.
Big transfer fees do not guarantee promotion from this league.
We have a core crowd the envy of most premier teams. We have a great stadium and training facilities.
Despite the snide know nowt skyboy haters who bleat at everything I suggest we are a very attractive proposition for any up and coming manager.
But hey if it makes some of you alleged supporters feel better insulting the club well fill your boots.

Yes we are doing it tough but we have just come off a 10 year stint in the premier league. Over half of the clubs in the premier league cant lay claim to similar.
We are cutting our cloth etc and getting shot of players and wages we have accumulated due to a series of bad managers.
The pickford transfer and parachute payments cover most of our debt. Our wages are cut in half. Next season we will be on a much better footing with more parachute payments.
We have a core crowd the envy of most premier teams. We have a great stadium and training facilities.
Despite the snide know nowt skyboy haters who bleat at everything I suggest we are a very attractive proposition for any up and coming manager.
But hey if it makes some of you alleged supporters feel better insulting the club well fill your boots.
What do you believe we're McInness' reasons for turning us down in the summer?

Well I started going in the sixties and I don't think I have seen the club in worse shape than it is now.

The money you mention will not all have gone to wipe out debts. There are high running costs still to be met, albeit with a reduced salary bill. I imagine we still have one of the highest wage bills in the division, maybe the highest.

The corporate revenue we had last season will have fallen and the same applies to gate receipts.

As far as we know, the external debt of £68m , payable in less than two years, still stands. We are not going to generate the cash to pay that back in that time I doubt.

None of this is nice to hear and it's all pretty bleak, but I think it's more or less the way it is. If we were an attractive proposition, we would not still be without a manager, nearly two weeks after sacking one . It is a farce I'm afraid.

Even for you that’s a laughable post. The club is a shambles and increasingly a laughing stock. Manager after manager comes and goes complaining that promises weren’t kept or goalposts moved. Even your bum boy fat Sam has intimated as much this week.

Stop fishing for bites you pitiful old wum and offer a genuine opinion rather than dangling bait.

Well I started going in the sixties and I don't think I have seen the club in worse shape than it is now.

The money you mention will not all have gone to wipe out debts. There are high running costs still to be met, albeit with a reduced salary bill. I imagine we still have one of the highest wage bills in the division, maybe the highest.

The corporate revenue we had last season will have fallen and the same applies to gate receipts.

As far as we know, the external debt of £68m , payable in less than two years, still stands. We are not going to generate the cash to pay that back in that time I doubt.

None of this is nice to hear and it's all pretty bleak, but I think it's more or less the way it is. If we were an attractive proposition, we would not still be without a manager, nearly two weeks after sacking one . It is a farce I'm afraid.

Agree but the unattractive part of the job is working for Bain and Short clearly as they just can’t be trusted. Once they are out the door and new owners who hopefully have an idea how to run a football club properly are in then Safc are a very attractive option for a manager imo. Problem is as it stands it is a chancer like Bain making the calls hence no manager 12 days later.

Agree but the unattractive part of the job is working for Bain and Short clearly as they just can’t be trusted. Once they are out the door and new owners who hopefully have an idea how to run a football club properly are in then Safc are a very attractive option for a manager imo. Problem is as it stands it is a chancer like Bain making the calls hence no manager 12 days later.

What happens when we finally get shot of dumb & dumber the new owners don't fancy our new manager & want someone of their own choice in

Back