Patterned inprinted concrete drive

Neighbour got his done a few years ago , lifted perfectly decent block paving and replaced with a shit job of concrete, just to change the colout.

He admits now he should have replaced the blocks .

Like most things there are many variances, if done properly they look really good and will do so for years but at the other end of the spectrum a shoddy job looks crap.
Check reviews and ask to see previous jobs

Like most things there are many variances, if done properly they look really good and will do so for years but at the other end of the spectrum a shoddy job looks crap.
Check reviews and ask to see previous jobs
Aye that’s why asking mate , good and bad , most bad ones I’ve seen mind are traditional block paving and the weeds coming through , can’t be arsed with that .
Ours is just normal concrete drive from when house built in 50s … fair few cracks in it now and bastard weeds all time , looks a clip . Looking unlikely will get away this year now so should bite bullet and get it done
Got mine done 6 years ago.
Just resealed it on Monday and it looks as good as new.
Who done it jacky lad

Last edited:
Aye that’s why asking mate , good and bad , most bad ones I’ve seen mind are traditional block paving and the weeds coming through , can’t be arsed with that .
Ours is just normal concrete drive from when house built in 50s … fair few cracks in it now and bastard weeds all time , looks a clip . Looking unlikely will get away this year now so should bite bullet and get it done

Who done it jacky lad
A company called Driveways by Design.
Don't think they are around anymore though

It's just a concrete drive with a coloured resin applied (you have a concrete drive just not a pretty colour) when it's wet, as mentioned done badly will look shit in a few years.
The prices they charge are eye watering, I'd go for a granite finish block paving which will clean up nicely in years to come, you can get a sand stabilizer or resin sealing for the weeds. FFS don't waste your money on pattern imprinted concrete mate.

It’ll be canny unless you need to dig it up to get at services for any reason.
This is a fair point.

We had ours done about 25 years back. But i know for a fact that there is a junction/joint in the drains just in front of my garage door.

On the other hand, nothing wrong with drive surface or drains in that time, so i'm happy with it. Could do with a bit of a clean mind, but i don't expect it to be spotless.

Its a drive not a carpet.

A neighbour of mine has it. It actually doesn't look too bad to be fair...

Despite the maintenance overhead I wouldn't have anything else but pavers though.

The main problem I can see with the concrete is if the the ground beneath it sinks or moves, it will crack and its probably a difficult repair.

With blocks you can just lift the pavers from affected area, re-screed the sand and relay the blocks. Job done.

Each to their own I suppose.

Had mine down about 8 years now and still love it. Dead easy to maintain. There are a couple of fine cracks but they are hardly noticeable and as long as you seal it every year or so it’s all good. I usually buy my sealer off eBay and costs about 40 quid to do the whole drive and I just apply it with a 2 quid plastic sweeping brush.
Driveways Direct in Washington did mine but they are also no longer around.
I’ve always thought it would be slippy as owt when it’s icy.
You can buy the sealant with an anti-slip additive included. Works a treat

Last edited:
I’ve always thought it would be slippy as owt when it’s icy.
It is, its horrendous. Parents next door neighbour can barely walk on it in any frost, ice, snow etc.
And it pools water when it rains, so in warm weather its covered in flies, and otherwise goes green.
The colour fades
The concrete cracks

I'm sure there's companies who do a better job, and maybe in the last 10 years the process has been improved to mitigate those problems, but nah, not for me.

Had mine down about 8 years now and still love it. Dead easy to maintain. There are a couple of fine cracks but they are hardly noticeable and as long as you seal it every year or so it’s all good. I usually buy my sealer off eBay and costs about 40 quid to do the whole drive and I just apply it with a 2 quid plastic sweeping brush.
Driveways Direct in Washington did mine but they are also no longer around.

You can buy the sealant with an anti-slip additive included. Works a treat
Sounds like the same people that did mine.
Was the main bloke called Andy?

Back