Patterned inprinted concrete drive

Got ours done about 5 years ago. I like it and it’s what I wanted but I wouldn’t recommend the company who did it. They sealed it when it was still wet and it has what I think is called ‘blooming’. I tried to reseal it but it’s still the same.
It used to be very slippery when wet but I added some anti slip type granules when I resealed it and they’ve worked a treat.

Got ours done about 5 years ago. I like it and it’s what I wanted but I wouldn’t recommend the company who did it. They sealed it when it was still wet and it has what I think is called ‘blooming’. I tried to reseal it but it’s still the same.
It used to be very slippery when wet but I added some anti slip type granules when I resealed it and they’ve worked a treat.
I think for blooming you can apply some solvent (same as that used in the sealer, most likely xylene) to the affected area, let it soak in the seal over and it should get rid of it. Pretty sure there a Youtube video on it.
Sounds like the same people that did mine.
Was the main bloke called Andy?
Could well be, remember the salesman, he was a tall fella in a suit and carried an umbrella, strange ticket

Last edited:
I think for blooming you can apply some solvent (same as that used in the sealer, most likely xylene) to the affected area, let it soak in the seal over and it should get rid of it. Pretty sure there a Youtube video on it.

Could well be, remember the salesman, he was a tall fella in a suit and carried an umbrella, strange ticket
Aye it's probably them.
Seemed a bit dodgy...think they've changed their name loads of times.

Anyone had this done ? Sunderland area
Just wondering if recommend anybody, or avoid 😬

cheers
I’ve got the patterned,coloured concrete at the back and front.. taking the back up and replacing, as soon as I’ve got the money I’ll do the same with the front. Was down when we bought the house but it hasn’t aged well in my opinion..

parents have just had a resin drive done and it looks tremendous.

That's the Mrs' car...it's always manky.
Mine is always spotless :lol:
What model is it? I recognise the wheel but just can't place it! :lol: It looked like a Clio alloy but they're painted with silver edge

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye that’s why asking mate , good and bad , most bad ones I’ve seen mind are traditional block paving and the weeds coming through , can’t be arsed with that .
Ours is just normal concrete drive from when house built in 50s … fair few cracks in it now and bastard weeds all time , looks a clip . Looking unlikely will get away this year now so should bite bullet and get it done
Other option is resin I guess and it's permeable?
But a good quality pattern one will last forever.

Back