Patrick Bamford

The 2nd and 3rd goals were fantastic. Bamford always seemed like on of them who could be great in the Championship but not good enough for the Prem, but Bielsa seems to have got him past that. He's an important part of the work that team put in to the point that 10 goals this season would have been a more than acceptable return.

Bielsa is an absolute genius.

I work with a Leeds fan who would have been very happy to get rid of Bamford right up to this summer. A couple of lovely finishes last night but he missed a couple of good chances before his first. And that's why my mate doesn't like him, he misses a lot of chances, he's not clinical, although you would think otherwise if you just saw last night's finishes.
aka Lampard syndrome. Previously known as MOTD player.

Two of his goals last night were superb.
If I was Leeds I'd get someone else in too mind...they create an insane amount of chances and could be unstoppable if they copy Liverpool a bit with three strikers?
I'll admit i didnt watch the game but are you suggesting they change their formation to add an extra striker? If so is it not probabale that where they have the advanatge now they lose a player and create less chances?

I didn't watch the match last night, and just read he scored a hat-trick.
That's a few goals now for him in the premier league (checks BBC website - 6 goals in 6 games).

He's a bit of journeyman and also now 27 years old, I thought he was a lot younger.

Is he any good?

I ask because at Boro he did very little in terms of scoring goals, just a dozen. Is he a better player than his stats show, or has he just found the right manager in the right system and all other managers were not playing to his strengths?
In my mind I always remember him doing well at Boro on loan, the 1st time anyway I think he went back when they got promoted and done fuck all.

I could be wrong like 😂

I work with a Leeds fan who would have been very happy to get rid of Bamford right up to this summer. A couple of lovely finishes last night but he missed a couple of good chances before his first. And that's why my mate doesn't like him, he misses a lot of chances, he's not clinical, although you would think otherwise if you just saw last night's finishes.
Wish we had someone not that clinical!

That's a few goals now for him in the premier league (checks BBC website - 6 goals in 6 games).

He's a bit of journeyman and also now 27 years old, I thought he was a lot younger.

Is he any good?

I ask because at Boro he did very little in terms of scoring goals, just a dozen. Is he a better player than his stats show, or has he just found the right manager in the right system and all other managers were not playing to his strengths?
Tbf I have always had him down as one of these Championship bullies who would never cut it in the Prem.
I am probably right on this as Bielsa is absolutely anal in his attention to detail and has worked out a formation in which he can deliver

Is he any good?

I thought he looked the best player on the pitch in the Sunderland 3 Boro 3 match

I thought he looked the best player on the pitch in the Sunderland 3 Boro 3 match
Scored a cracking strikers goal in that game at the SOL. Van Basten esque.
Traore got sent off. As did that clown we had on loan from Chelsea. Where's he now?
Good game but we needed a win to help us stay up

His manager has belief in him and he’s playing for a team that creates a lot of chances.

Boro and Palace aren’t the most attacking teams you will see, he was feeding in scraps.

Back