Patagonia

Status
Not open for further replies.

APepper8

Midfield
Looking at doing 10 - 14 days around Patagonia/surrounding areas in February and looking at maps/forums really struggling to see how to get around/see a fair bit. Will be looking to do one day hikes rather than 4-5 day ones, ideally not on tours as we're doing a decent stretch in S. America. I've seen some people have been there on here. We'll be getting buses round Arg/Chile so good places to base ourselves would be ideal

List of things I want to see around there:

- Fitz Roy Peak
- Perito Moreno Glacier
- Horns of Torres del Paine
- Cordillera Paine

Thanks all

Hire the helicopter mate, been there and apart from hiring a fishing boat to do the 'sea voyage' it's the only to really see it.

Not cheap mind

Looking at doing 10 - 14 days around Patagonia/surrounding areas in February and looking at maps/forums really struggling to see how to get around/see a fair bit. Will be looking to do one day hikes rather than 4-5 day ones, ideally not on tours as we're doing a decent stretch in S. America. I've seen some people have been there on here. We'll be getting buses round Arg/Chile so good places to base ourselves would be ideal

- Fitz Roy Peak
- Perito Moreno Glacier
- Cordillera Paine

Thanks all
Look at this trip perhaps.
https://www.oasisoverland.co.uk/tri...9/SANTIAGO-to-RIO-51-days-Coast-to-Coast.html

Bit longer than 14 days but you get to see most of above and plenty more.

great place . if you hike spend some time in Torres del Paine.

also the usual Moreno glacier stuff

- Fitz Roy Peak
- Perito Moreno Glacier
- Cordillera Paine

Thanks all
It's a tour but we did this. The itinerary was really great so you could follow that and just not be in the group.

http://www.intrepidtravel.com/uk/argentina/patagonia-wilderness-101502

Also that f***ing tea they all drink is rancid.

El Calafete for perito Moreno glacier
El Chalten for Fitzroy.
Puerto Natales for Torres del Paine, though I think you need to camp , check. We camped but it wasn't a camp site iirc

Just a heads up, our bus journey from Bariloche to El Calafate took 33 hours. The area is vast and moving between areas can be difficult and requires endurance.

Just a heads up, our bus journey from Bariloche to El Calafate took 33 hours. The area is vast and moving between areas can be difficult and requires endurance.
aye, very aware of the distances haha! Was plotting a route on google maps and from Brazil to Chile (round argentina and up to santiago) was about 200 hours :lol:

aye, very aware of the distances haha! Was plotting a route on google maps and from Brazil to Chile (round argentina and up to santiago) was about 200 hours :lol:
The shitter flooded on that 33 hour bus, too. Rough journey. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back