PAT testing course

offshore

Midfield
Anyone done it? Im doing it with this new job I'm starting in February. Its a 2 day thing but it can' be that hard as I've seen some proper numpty doing it over the years

Anyone done it? Im doing it with this new job I'm starting in February. Its a 2 day thing but it can' be that hard as I've seen some proper numpty doing it over the years

Piece of piss. When I did it about 15 year ago it was a 2 day course and they could have did it in half a day tbh. Money for nowt

Another money making exercise by our HSE friends.
Yep, insurance companies love it anarl.

Piece of piss. When I did it about 15 year ago it was a 2 day course and they could have did it in half a day tbh. Money for nowt

Yep, insurance companies love it anarl.
I'm doing 2 days as I've never done it before... so it's a nice 2 day full pay for doing a test hahaha

Find another job. You'll be bored shitless. Testing is easy. Trying to find the fuckin appliances for re-test is mind numbing - locked in peoples lockers, hidden in cupboards, moved to other areas, scrapped without telling anyone, stuff nicked that will never be found. Trying to keep records up to date is a nightmare.

Another money making exercise by our HSE friends.

HSE advises against doing it too often. Companies making money out of it big it up so people who sell PAT testing courses can earn a wedge. Bit like insurance investigation courses. I know loads of people who've been sold that shit and earned nothing out of it. Believe the Daily Mail suckers. If you're that gullible you probably will need a two day course of stating the bleeding obvious.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/july.htm

HSE advises against doing it too often. Companies making money out of it big it up so people who sell PAT testing courses can earn a wedge. Bit like insurance investigation courses. I know loads of people who've been sold that shit and earned nothing out of it. Believe the Daily Mail suckers. If you're that gullible you probably will need a two day course of stating the bleeding obvious.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/july.htm
Just as well ive never done mine then eh?

It’s always good watching a lad condemn a kettle and bin it only for somebody to lose their shit as their kettle has been binned!

Yeah, I did one when I worked as a technician at a college years ago. You pretty much just plug cables into a machine and then the machine leads you through the whole process. Really easy.

Find another job. You'll be bored shitless. Testing is easy. Trying to find the fuckin appliances for re-test is mind numbing - locked in peoples lockers, hidden in cupboards, moved to other areas, scrapped without telling anyone, stuff nicked that will never be found. Trying to keep records up to date is a nightmare.

And this.

Last edited:

Back