Pasta sauces

Cherry toms, red onion and pesto is ok. Steamed broccoli and toms is alright too... Always chilli and garlic in them though.

Tomato and ricotta is good with orecchiette too. Do you know anywhere that sells orecchiette? The dough is easy to make but it's fiddly to do the shapes.

Good shout...the little one made a spinach and ricotta cannelloni last week, forgotten how nice the simple stuff can be.

As for orecchiette, haven’t looked for it for a while, but Sainsburys used to sell it in the taste the difference range, or here online which I use canny often for pizza ingredients

Always remember to use some of the water that the pasta has cooked in especially for dry type of sauces
My favourite at the minute is with large fresh tomatoes roasted in the oven with garlic, onion, oregano, chilli and some olive oil, I peel off the skins and liquidise, adding salt, pepper, parsley and parmesan

Last edited:
Good shout...the little one made a spinach and ricotta cannelloni last week, forgotten how nice the simple stuff can be.

As for orecchiette, haven’t looked for it for a while, but Sainsburys used to sell it in the taste the difference range, or here online which I use canny often for pizza ingredients

That's a great site, cheers.

I like it - she doesn't.

It shouldn't like. I get what you're saying about it now being the sauciest of sauces, but it should be nowhere near dry. If it is you've overcooked it.
For authentic carbonara the only thing binding it should be an egg yolk ,with the other ingredients of garlic, parmesan and a pancetta style protein.Any other additons with the exception of a spot of water from the cooking pot (though its not usually the done thing for this dish) to make it saucier is fine for personal taste but it is no longer Carbonara .

Back