Pasta machine

Last edited:
Been watching Masterchef and thought it looked like a piece of piss so just bought one on Amazon.

Any tips to help me along the way to be the best pasta maker on the SMB would be welcome....
Buy some dried pasta so that you have something to eat when it goes wrong and ends up in the bin.

Italians think we are mental for our love of “wet pasta”. Any pasta chefs in Italy use, is the dry stuff.

Nah think we all went mad about 10 years ago when that Jamie Oliver was in his pomp making pasta in minutes flat 😂
Bet the bastard had shares in pasta making machine companies

Ours has been clogging up a cupboard for 25 years. The drying rack was used to get the fire going a couple of months back.

However, it probably is a great time to try to master making food from scratch.

Been watching Masterchef and thought it looked like a piece of piss so just bought one on Amazon.

Any tips to help me along the way to be the best pasta maker on the SMB would be welcome....

They’re a game changer. I use the Trullo recipe for dough, not failed me once.

Perfect portion for two = 5 egg yolks + 100g of pasta/00 flour

Make a small well in the flour (in a bowl of course) and add the yolks. Start to combine til it turns to crumbs (add the smallest splash of water if need be) and you can mould it to a rough ball, then take it out and knead til smooth and shape or roll into a rectangle about a pound coin thickness. Wrap in clingfilm and stick in the fridge for 30 mins. Out it comes and let it return to room temp before rolling it through the pasta machine on its widest setting twice. Then the next widest twice and so on til it’s nice and thin.

Piece of piss.

Back