Pasta machine

Gala

Winger
Been watching Masterchef and thought it looked like a piece of piss so just bought one on Amazon.

Any tips to help me along the way to be the best pasta maker on the SMB would be welcome....

Get a good pasta recipe.
Fold your pasta for putting it through the rollers the first time.
Work fast.
Put it through each setting three times before turning the setting down by one notch only.
Don't get annoyed with it when it inevitably doesn't work the first time (or second or even third). Just takes a bit of practice.
Don't get your fingers caught in it. Especially the tagliatelle side.

Get an airing stand for it if you haven’t got one with it , and use the best eggs you can get your hands on
I’m going to Google this stuff but experience from people you can trust is good, how long do you air it for and are good eggs nice yolk type?

Been watching Masterchef and thought it looked like a piece of piss so just bought one on Amazon.

Any tips to help me along the way to be the best pasta maker on the SMB would be welcome....
Aye, order it, get all excited about it coming and think of the grand plans of making pasta, do it once think well that was a ballache, put in cupboard, proceed to Morrison’s and buy some fresh pasta there to cook.
Periodically open the pasta machine cupboard glance at the machine and think yeh I must use that again. If you don’t know where the pasta machine cupboard is, it’s the one the bread maker, gathering dust is in 😂

Last edited:
Aye, order it, get all excited about it coming and think of the grand plans of making pasta, do it once think well that was a ballache, put in cupboard, proceed to Morrison’s and buy some fresh pasta there to cook.
Periodically open the pasta machine cupboard glance at the machine and think yeh I must use that again. If you don’t know where the pasta machine cupboard is, it’s the one you store the bread maker, gathering dust is in 😂
We had Morrison’s fresh pasta tonight and it wasn’t nearly as good as the dry stuff we usually use (De Cecco) but if it takes an hour to make then it will be a worthwhile activity to fill the day.

people make their own pasta?
Nah but we all own the makers 😂
We had Morrison’s fresh pasta tonight and it wasn’t nearly as good as the dry stuff we usually use (De Cecco) but if it takes an hour to make then it will be a worthwhile activity to fill the day.
I like the supermarket fresh pasta and takes like 4 minutes to make

Last edited:
I’m going to Google this stuff but experience from people you can trust is good, how long do you air it for and are good eggs nice yolk type?

Yes good yolks for extra taste and colour , I usually make tagliatelle and let it air off for an hour or so before cooking - keeps the strands separated

Nah think we all went mad about 10 years ago when that Jamie Oliver was in his pomp making pasta in minutes flat 😂
Bet the bastard had shares in pasta making machine companies

When Jamie Oliver was in his pomp i was still at school and he was whizzing through schools like the tazmania devil banning chips and turkey dinosaurs from the lunch menu the horrible man. :mad:

Never forgive. Never forget.

Buy good eggs, good oil and the best flour. Get the initial shape right before feeding it through dusted well with flour. Fold carefully before feeding through at least once more. Let pasts air dry on a clothes drying and then poach in light stock. Don’t overcook it. You’ll love it compared to ready made or dried.

Back