Pasta Carbonara

Mr.Thunders

Striker
How to make a perfect Bolognese is always likely to result in fights on here so what about this other Italian classic?

Onions was something I didnt use until I saw that bird on master chef do it.

Cream or not?

Any pasta type you dont use?

Egg yolks only of course.

How to make a perfect Bolognese is always likely to result in fights on here so what about this other Italian classic?

Cream or not?

No cream.
Pepper
Guanciale
Eggs
Pecorino
Made with bucatini.
Parsley on top if you like.

All other recipes are variations of Wrong.

Last edited:

Cream or not?

There’s obviously nothing wrong with putting cream in it, but carbonara doesn’t have cream.

Last edited:
I dee it with bacon and mature cheddar normally. A sort of Anglo-carbonara. Method's the same.

Cook bacon in olive oil, cook pasta. Whisk eggs with finely grated cheese and black pepper. Hoy it in at the end and stir through.
There’s obviously nothing wrong with putting cream in it, but carbonara doesn’t have cream.
What the fuck're they on about pillows for?

Onions in a carbonara?!
Aye.
I always fry off, in a deep frying pan - finely chopped onions & garlic until soft, then add smoked gammon cut into small dice.
Fry them off, season with salt & black pepper and when the spaghetti is ready add that to the frying pan.
The add 2 beaten eggs with some parsley along with grated parmigiano reggiano cheese.
Mix it all in, and cook for a couple of minutes and as already mentioned, add the spaghetti water, stirring in to make a sauce.
Absolutely lusheroony, and it works every time.

No cream whatsoever.

No cream.
Pepper
Guanciale
Eggs
Pecorino
Made with bucatini.
Parsley on top if you like.

All other recipes are variations of Wrong.
This looks spot on.
Aye.
I always fry off, in a deep frying pan - finely chopped onions & garlic until soft, then add smoked gammon cut into small dice.
Fry them off, season with salt & black pepper and when the spaghetti is ready add that to the frying pan.
The add 2 beaten eggs with some parsley along with grated parmigiano reggiano cheese.
Mix it all in, and cook for a couple of minutes and as already mentioned, add the spaghetti water, stirring in to make a sauce.

No cream whatsoever.
No onions or garlic.

Last edited:
Well you've either missed something, or they doing it wrong anarl. Carbonara's a Roman dish, not Turinese (is that the reet word?)
Well Italian Rezzy owner gave me the recipe that he said was a widespread Italian recipe, in Italy. That's good enough for me.

Not to mention I have Italian friends who concurred with me that was the way like.

Aye.

No cream whatsoever.
Gammon ffs. Even uses the cheapest of meats. Tight as a nun's chuff this lad. :lol:

Back