Pasta Carbonara

Make sure your pan is off the heat before adding eggs or they may scramble.

The heat of the pasta is enough to make sure you end up with a silky finish............................ooooo errrrr!

:lol:

You act as if nobody else but you has spoken to an Italian, or seen an Italian chef make a Carbonara. I also have a copy of ‘La Cucina’ beside me which is a fairly definitive guide to Italian food.

You crack on with your egg slurry though.
and you act as if anybody who offers something different to what you know MUST have got it wrong.

All im saying is ill take the opinion of italians about pasta, over somebody on a sunderland message board.

Username very apt though, you got that right on the money

Had a Nduja carbonara a couple of years ago in Italy. Pancetta was replaced with Nduja sausage. Was pretty decent mind
Must have gone pink? Did it look unappealing?
and you act as if anybody who offers something different to what you know MUST have got it wrong.

All im saying is ill take the opinion of italians about pasta, over somebody on a sunderland message board.

He's absolutely horrible mate. Take no notice.

There’s no ‘different’ though. If they’re not using cheese mixed in with the eggs they’re making something else.
He's absolutely horrible mate. Take no notice.
I am, but he should take notice.

Fry finely sliced onion and diced bacon medallions
Beat eggs and parmigiano reggiano cheese
Mix the pasta with the bacon and onions
Remove from heat and stir egg and cheese through
Season with black pepper

Don't know if that's authentic or not but it works for us and we like it.

There’s no ‘different’ though. If they’re not using cheese mixed in with the eggs they’re making something else.

I am, but he should take notice.
take notice of you? na mate sorry but you arnt that interesting. you also cant seem to post without being a condescending knob. Either way I have no time for you.

Back