Passport renewal

I’m in Oz and renewing at the moment, I applied online on the 9th Aug and sent my old passport back the next day, they didn’t receive it until 3rd Sept.
Haven’t heard anything since 😬

Can you renew a passport that Expired in 2009? Or do I need to go through it from the start?
You have kinda answered your own question- renewing is when something is current.

Yours is not current so you will need to start a new application.

Mind I don’t work there so I am just applying common sense.

Also I think I’m still drunk so just ignore me.

When you trying doing it online it says...do you really need to do it now,you maybe aff3cting someone who needs theirs urgently because we have a backlog....3 weeks doesn’t seem to be too bad...

It said something similar when I did mine

Scroll the bottom of that link gives u an idea of current waiting times

I completed my online renewal on Thursday....sent out old passport on Friday which they received on a Monday....last night I got txt to say my new passport had been printed and dispatched...Excellent service...one week

started the renewal process on 25th July, my new passport has just arrived (9th November) 😂
Most of that was just the internal Aussie postal system. The time it takes stuff we send out to get there is ridiculous. It can go from U.K. to Australia in 3-4 days then take another 3-4 weeks to get delivered.

Most of that was just the internal Aussie postal system. The time it takes stuff we send out to get there is ridiculous. It can go from U.K. to Australia in 3-4 days then take another 3-4 weeks to get delivered.

it took ages for my old passport to get there and ages to process, not too bad getting it back to me:

Application history
StatusDate
Passport printed and sent1:43pm on 29 October 2020
Application approved1:47pm on 28 October 2020
Application being processed6:42pm on 2 September 2020
Documents received4:34pm on 2 September 2020
Application received3:27am on 25 July 2020
Application submitted3:26am on 25 July 2020

it took ages for my old passport to get there and ages to process, not too bad getting it back to me:

Application history
StatusDate
Passport printed and sent1:43pm on 29 October 2020
Application approved1:47pm on 28 October 2020
Application being processed6:42pm on 2 September 2020
Documents received4:34pm on 2 September 2020
Application received3:27am on 25 July 2020
Application submitted3:26am on 25 July 2020
That’s French efficiency for you. They take the summer off ;)

Back