Passport renewal

jamesmcsafc

Full Back
Anyone renewed a passport in last few month? Need to renew the bairns and wondered how long they took to get back through your door with covid and such? Cheers for any help

Renewed mine last month. Sorted online, sent my old one away and received both back within a fortnight. I received an email to say that there's a possibility of a hold up as soon as I submitted my application but I think that was just them covering themselves because the whole thing was rapid.

Renewed mine last month. Sorted online, sent my old one away and received both back within a fortnight. I received an email to say that there's a possibility of a hold up as soon as I submitted my application but I think that was just them covering themselves because the whole thing was rapid.
Nice one cheers for that, it says its quicker online like just dubious on taking my own photos as there quite strict with them!

Renewed mine online last November. Took about 3 days to come through.
Nice one cheers for that, it says its quicker online like just dubious on taking my own photos as there quite strict with them!

Get them took in a booth and get a code off the machine to link them to your application.

Last edited:

I took on my phone, emailed them to myself and then used a computer to submit the application. Took less than 10 minutes. Took the photo in front of a plain wall. I think, from memory, the website tells you if the photo isn't 'acceptable' and asks you to resubmit. I might be making that bit up mind as my photo went through and now appears on my passport.

There are lads on here who work there. I am sure one will be along soon to give you accurate info on current timings.

I don’t work there so much like my weather prediction- I’m useless!!!

Renewed mine in January. Application online to receiving the new one in the post was 8 days. I didn't use the fast track service either.

I imagine it'll be 2-3 weeks at least now on average with what's going on.

Back