Partner's kids

Got mates who appear to make it work but I couldn’t have took another blokes kids on like.

Fair play to those doing so
This for me. As much as I love my missus I wouldn’t have married her or even started a proper relationship with her if she already had children. For me personally it would’ve been a deal breaker. Like you though I have to say fair play to those who do take on another’s child.

Last edited:

It's about allowing them to have their own space and develop independence. She's off to study Medicine in September (hopefully) so she's reasonably well adjusted. i was much the same at her age and I think in our case a fair bit is down to being the only child.
The danger is though one day goes into the next and before you know it you have a fully grown adult in their 20s/30s/40s still living at home stuck in their scruffy bedroom sleeping all day (and biting everyone’s head off when they do surface )whilst everyone’s walking on egg shells around the house all in the name of keeping the peace(or afraid to face upto the problem On the parents behalf).
I know that’s the extreme case but I’ve known /know of it to happen to nearly a dozen kids in different capacities over the years.
This for me. As much as I love my missus I wouldn’t have married her or even started a proper relationship with her if she already had children. For me personally it would’ve been a deal breaker. Like you though I have to say fair play to those who do take on another’s child.
I’d have thought like that when I was in my 20’s but as I’ve become a man I’ve changed that attitude and wouldn’t mind if that was the case.Young lasses are tarnished a bit if they have a bairn by young lads but when you get into your 30’s it’s going to be the case.

Last edited:
Met my lass when little un was about 18 month old. Never wanted kids before, never felt grown up enough and was far too selfish.

Love the little shit to bits and think it obviously helped knowing him from a very young age so treats me like a dad and me him like a son. Changed my life really, I was on the piss far too much and really fell on my feet all round. Sounds cheesy and all that but it showed me how much kids could mean to me and I'm a massive soft shite now.

Now he's 8 and we've got a 16 month old boy and another one (girl) on the way due in September. 8 year old is a class older brother now too.

Always makes me sad to see issues in other step families as it isn't always easy and best of luck to anyone who might be struggling.

Give owa man.

There is no better feeling that the flesh of a good woman against yours every night.I genuinely look forward to getting in on a night from a shitty day at work to see our lass.

I'm absolutely shocked that you admit to having shitty days at work. You usually maintain that your life is just so perfect.

Where did it all go wrong, Gil?? 🤷‍♂️

I never have a shitty day at work. Never. I respect myself too much to go out and do a job that gives me shitty days.

I'm absolutely shocked that you admit to having shitty days at work. You usually maintain that your life is just so perfect.

Where did it all go wrong, Gil?? 🤷‍♂️

I never have a shitty day at work. Never. I respect myself too much to go out and do a job that gives me shitty days.
Every now and then mate not all the time.You don’t respect yourself enough to clean the sink out daily 🐸☕👊🏻😉

I've got the same problem but with my lass' dog who I have been forced to adopt

Little shit has no respect for me

Hard work isn't it

A moody 15 yr old girl.
Complete mystery to me

5 yr old little sh*t of the male variety

Been with our lass 10 years, complicated at first so didn't live with her. Stepson was a little ar$ehole growing up, had loads of battles with him as he thought he was the man of the house, but once he hit 16-17, a switch was flicked and he's a decent hardworking lad now. Just passed his tests to join the navy.

The step-daughter is 16, and an absolute nightmare. All me me me, bone idol, does nothing but expects money every day. Our lass is far too soft with her (basically, our lass was nagged by her mother when she was a teenager, so didn't want to be the same). She took it upon herself to paint her bedroom, 3 weeks later and its still getting done, around the piles of clothes and general crap in her room.

Another story, my mate at work got into a relationship with a lass recently, hes got a son 11, and she had a daughter 9, and son 14. As he worked away all week, he'd only see them and live with her on a weekend, and then Covid hit. As he actually lived with them 24/7, his son and her daughter fought like mad, didn't get on at all to such an extent that it drove a wedge between him and his lass and he's now living at his mothers.

It's bloody hard work, anyone with any experience will tell you that.

The danger is though one day goes into the next and before you know it you have a fully grown adult in their 20s/30s/40s still living at home stuck in their scruffy bedroom sleeping all day (and biting everyone’s head off when they do surface )whilst everyone’s walking on egg shells around the house all in the name of keeping the peace(or afraid to face upto the problem On the parents behalf).
I know that’s the extreme case but I’ve known /know of it to happen to nearly a dozen kids in different capacities over the years.

I’d have thought like that when I was in my 20’s but as I’ve become a man I’ve changed that attitude and wouldn’t mind if that was the case.Young lasses are tarnished a bit if they have a bairn by young lads but when you get into your 30’s it’s going to be the case.
Sorry that I don’t live up to your standards of manliness. If it helps I’m 53 years old and I’ve been married to the same lass for 27 years now and we have one son. Meaning that I was in my twenties when I thought like that. And if I’m honest I still do. We both made a conscious decision to wait a few years before we had any children because we had to be certain ourselves that the relationship was going to last. Like I originally said though, well done and hats off to anyone who does it. I couldn’t.

Hopefully it’s just a phase as you say.Id be mindful of it at the same time though and nip it in the bud if it becomes day after day.

This isn’t aimed at you or anyone else reading this but my opinion of being a parent Of a teenage kid isn’t to choose the easy life as most do/to keep the peace or not wanting to upset anyone it’s about preparing them for adult life /filling them with confidence and drive to fly the nest for them to go on and have a happy meaningful life of their own.
slightly off topic all that I know but the cooked up in the room carry on has alarm bells ringing for me that somethings not right.Im guessing loads of parents know exactly what I’m getting at as we have all come across it in some capacity.

If she's off to medical school it seems likely she spends a significant amount of time cooped up in her room studying, so not a major cause for concern and probably a relief for most parents :lol:

I genuinely text the other half earlier as had been out 20 mins and no sign all day. The phone stalking app she checked apparently says she's in the house

The little one is a bit "strange" . Awful temper. Woke up this morning to find him sat in the corner just staring at me. Apparently he'd sat like that for ages. And not the first time

And he has this heightened sense of smell. Says he can smell me /others where I've sat or slept. Ages after too. Either I stink or he's got a hounds nose

:lol: :lol:

Redrum redrum

I genuinely text the other half earlier as had been out 20 mins and no sign all day. The phone stalking app she checked apparently says she's in the house

The little one is a bit "strange" . Awful temper. Woke up this morning to find him sat in the corner just staring at me. Apparently he'd sat like that for ages. And not the first time

And he has this heightened sense of smell. Says he can smell me /others where I've sat or slept. Ages after too. Either I stink or he's got a hounds nose

WTF?

As long as they don't call him Hannibal, I wouldn't worry too much. ;)

Met my lass when little un was about 18 month old. Never wanted kids before, never felt grown up enough and was far too selfish.

Love the little shit to bits and think it obviously helped knowing him from a very young age so treats me like a dad and me him like a son. Changed my life really, I was on the piss far too much and really fell on my feet all round. Sounds cheesy and all that but it showed me how much kids could mean to me and I'm a massive soft shite now.

Now he's 8 and we've got a 16 month old boy and another one (girl) on the way due in September. 8 year old is a class older brother now too.

Always makes me sad to see issues in other step families as it isn't always easy and best of luck to anyone who might be struggling.

loveky that mate. He’ll worship you.

Back