Parky's recruitment vision.

Knows how he wants to play he says and needs height and physicality at both ends of the pitch. I appreciate some see this as the way out of this league but I don't think I'll be going over to watch it.

I’ve lost track of the number of posters on here carping on about height the last few years. See how they feel about Parkinson’s brave new world of 6”4 clogmonsters next season...

Oh, I agree we most likely won’t get the 20 goal striker in a free. I was just continuing my more general point that an excellent side can be easily put together at this level without incurring a fee (even more so for a club with our supposed sway and stature at this level), Again, I don’t have any faith in us doing that.

I just think the failings will be more in the hierarchy’s appointments to key positions rather than a lack of finances (which there probably will be too). We spent a fortune on Grigg and could have easily spent nothing on a better suited player for example.
Hal Robson Kanu is available on a free, would he get 20 in this division? He probably wouldn't accept less than 25k per week though so there is that...

Got bugger all what parky wants

It's the 3 stooges Donald hill & Coton will decide who we get

Free or cheap injury prone & shite

To be fair to Donald he hasn't got involved in a transfer (other than the financial bit) for a while. Hill remains an issue.

The budget for transfers is very low but we do pay very good wages relative to the rest of the league.

Hal Robson Kanu is available on a free, would he get 20 in this division? He probably wouldn't accept less than 25k per week though so there is that...
Be no good with the ball aimed 6 foot above his head from the centre half’s! Used to Lille balls slid down the side of the centre half or the running in behind!
To be fair to Donald he hasn't got involved in a transfer (other than the financial bit) for a while. Hill remains an issue.

The budget for transfers is very low but we do pay very good wages relative to the rest of the league.
There’s plenty of very good free transfers out there but we’ll wait too long and they’ll be snapped up!

Last edited:
I have as long as Dave Jones is happy and involved
Unless Hill, Colton et al have been sacked for gross incompetence I really see very little changing as far as our shambolic recruitment processes is concerned. I appreciate Dave Jones is like you and I, a supporter, but can’t see what’s going to change recruitment wise just because Dave Jones sits on the the rare board meeting that occurs every now and again.

Unless Hill, Colton et al have been sacked for gross incompetence I really see very little changing as far as our shambolic recruitment processes is concerned. I appreciate Dave Jones is like you and I, a supporter, but can’t see what’s going to change recruitment wise just because Dave Jones sits on the the rare board meeting that occurs every now and again.
Agree marra,but as shit as they are a blind man on a galloping horse should be able to recruit well this window.At our level there are gonna be a load of players out of contract.Now i know this is always the case,but a huge number of clubs wont be able at this timeto offer new contracts.3/4 have voted to cancel the season so god knows what they will do come Sept 12th.As far as we are concerned the Sept date needs to be confirmed asap.

I believe he is helping out with recruitment

Back