Parky's recruitment vision.

After the 4-0 against Wycombe our next 5 games we only scored 3. 8/9 games under parkinson we failed to score. We scored 32 in 25 games under Parkinson and 18 of those came in 5 games. That means in 20 games we managed 14 goals. Also only 5 games we won by 2 or more goals so his other 6 wins were only by 1 goal. Needs a lot of work into for a manager that averages around 70points in this division
Well we will see because unless there is change of ownership he will be here.

I think it’s fair to say that what Parkinson says here is broadly in line with what we should be looking for. However it’s also fair to say that the fact these words come from a manager who has turned out turgid football fairly consistently across his career places an understandable negative context around them.

Would you say Charlie Wyke fits that bill....or Tom Flanagan who he wants the club to get signed up. Maguire isn't athletic either.
I agree with you, I want to see us play attractive football with some pacy players rather than launch it. Difficult to find those types of players at this level which is why you have to make compromises with Maguire (who didn't look that unfit in the second half of the season), he didn't sign Wyke who I think is a terrible footballer and Flanagan won't be first choice, I get we need a squad of players and they aren't going to be the ideal

We need power, pace and skill to get out of this garbage league and build momentum. No more has beens, crocks and other clubs never will be’s.

Back