Parky's recruitment vision.

If it gets us back in to the Championship then so be it. If he gets what he wants recruitment-wise then we can judge him fairly, as he inherited a lot of shit when he took over.

The sooner we go up, the sooner Donald will sell and we can go back to being a proper Football club again.

this!! Even when we had Quinn and Phillips we used to moan if we got TOO direct. I think what everyone liked about those days was the wing play, grays overlapping runs and accurate crossing. Not the aimless booting it up to Quinn. It’s a myth that I have no idea where it comes from
This is exactly the style of play that Reidy played and had so much success with. To some extent it is the style of all our best teams back to Mulhall and Usher in the early 60s when Crossan and Sharkey (and Cloughy) were so prolific. We passed it through the channels a lot, but the wing-play was massively important for us.
It wouldn't work in the higher leagues today, but it might get us there.

His managerial record isn't even that good. Only 3 promotions or something. One was L2 playoffs, and never won a Division and his championship record is less than a point a game. If he was the outstanding candidate, God help who also applied

Agree with that. If he can get us up, and get us mid table in the championship then it's a very good job imo. Whether he's capable of doing it is a different matter entirely like, but at the minute a season where we successfully stay in the championship feels a life time away. In theory a strong, athletic side can get you there. My only concern is that we aren't hearing the word talent. It doesn't matter how big or strong you are, or how fast, or how athletic if you don't have any talent. If we get the best players available to teams in this league, be they small, nippy players or physical, athletic ones, we'll go up. The style of football and type of player can be left for the manager to decide, but he needs to be ensuring he gets the best of whatever type is out there. I'm not sure we'll either target them (due to financial constraints) or be able to identify them (because our recruitment team is shit).
You’re right about the talent part And that’s what makes an averag player into a good player. The trick is identifying them and getting them into the club.
Lets hope we improve in that area.

He inherited a team in 5th place and had them as low as 11th before "rallying" to finish 8th, delivering some of the worst football its been my misfortune to watch in 55 years along the way.
Yes. Spot on. Horrible to watch. He is another who’s had a charisma bypass. We need big investment and to get rid of all the Eastleigh hangers on, including the manager. With these imbeciles in charge, we have a way to fall yet. Sad and humiliating for all of us. Shit times.

All sound bites, he might say he knows what he wants but what he actually gets will be totally different! Our recruitment team are a shambles and we’ll be left with what no-one wants unfortunately!

its the same bullshit we hear every season from a different manager.. Its about time they shut up and started to produce the goods. I've not seen any for 7 years

Parkys teams have never been big scorers, and dont think that will change. It will be try and remain tight and win 1-0 or so like his purple patch this season. If Wyke is still the forward he goes with then we are still fucked. I also find it pointless giving him carte blanche to shape the team etc when all evidence points to (in the event we actually did get promoted) he would be sacked not far into the season.

Parkys teams have never been big scorers, and dont think that will change. It will be try and remain tight and win 1-0 or so like his purple patch this season. If Wyke is still the forward he goes with then we are still fucked. I also find it pointless giving him carte blanche to shape the team etc when all evidence points to (in the event we actually did get promoted) he would be sacked not far into the season.
The purple patch was when we were 3or4 up within 25 mins.like the wycome wanderers 4 nil before they drew breath.So we shall see i suppose,all depends on him getting the players he wants.As for shaping the team i would think all our signings will be freebies,like maddison,baily wright,taylor,that french lad at Blackpool etc

The purple patch was when we were 3or4 up within 25 mins.like the wycome wanderers 4 nil before they drew breath.So we shall see i suppose,all depends on him getting the players he wants.As for shaping the team i would think all our signings will be freebies,like maddison,baily wright,taylor,that french lad at Blackpool etc
After the 4-0 against Wycombe our next 5 games we only scored 3. 8/9 games under parkinson we failed to score. We scored 32 in 25 games under Parkinson and 18 of those came in 5 games. That means in 20 games we managed 14 goals. Also only 5 games we won by 2 or more goals so his other 6 wins were only by 1 goal. Needs a lot of work into for a manager that averages around 70points in this division

Back