Parky's recruitment vision.

Lord Alfred

Striker
Knows how he wants to play he says and needs height and physicality at both ends of the pitch. I appreciate some see this as the way out of this league but I don't think I'll be going over to watch it.

Knows how he wants to play he says and needs height and physicality at both ends of the pitch. I appreciate some see this as the way out of this league but I don't think I'll be going over to watch it.

He also says he wants athleticism. That plus physicality is what people have been screaming out for on here so it sounds like you'll be on your own. Doesn't sound great to me either....

All sound bites, he might say he knows what he wants but what he actually gets will be totally different! Our recruitment team are a shambles and we’ll be left with what no-one wants unfortunately!

He also says he wants athleticism. That plus physicality is what people have been screaming out for on here so it sounds like you'll be on your own. Doesn't sound great to me either....

Would you say Charlie Wyke fits that bill....or Tom Flanagan who he wants the club to get signed up. Maguire isn't athletic either.

Well we got a glimpse of that style when we played AFC Wimbledon.
Looked like a basketball team on the pitch, played football like one anarl.
Sounds that way. As I say a lot of fans just want out of this league but personally I'd like to see a style which gives you a chance of staying up and progressing should you achieve your initial aim.

Donald has only had one aim, get into the Championship and scarper with a fat profit.
Anything after that is not his problem.

Last edited:
Sounds like he's admitting Charlie Wyke wasn't the answer. Marcus Maddison clearly is the man we need and will add everything we are missing up front - ability, assists, goals & tons of desire. I don't care about his off field antics and if hes a loon or not, he's from the area and we know what we are getting; PP will manage him. Rather sign him than some other lunatic who will seriously damage the club financially, and contribute nothing. We sign those every year seemingly to please the fans! He's free, please don't spunk all our money on some mercenary.

Well we got a glimpse of that style when we played AFC Wimbledon.
Looked like a basketball team on the pitch, played football like one anarl.

Donald has only had one aim, get into the Championship and scarper with a fat profit.
Anything after that is not his problem.
Tbh at this point in time, if we can achieve that I'll take it as a massive win.

Our owners very own team selector namely Parkinson is such an astute guy whom i have total faith with. I imagine his signings that will be hugely financed by such swell guys like Donald and that strange other bloke will fill our 10,000:plus loyal fans with huge hope for this very exciting season we will have coming up.

These are my worst fears. Parky assembling a lower league version of Stoke under the misguided view that Sunderland fans only like long ball.

Grigg made a similar view, that Sunderland fans like it direct, and I’m not sure where this comes from as I don’t know anyone who enjoys that. Sure, we hark back to Quinn and Phillips but that was a team that played some fantastic football and was far more than direct to Quinny.

We’ll never move through the leagues playing like this and it will simply mean yet another massive rebuild at some point in the near future.

For years we’ve had no discernible style of play and had managers that didn’t seem to know the best way to use the players they have. Reading that Parkinson has a very clear idea of what style of play he wants and is targeting the players he need for that system.
There have been numerous threads and comments on her about or lack of physicality, pace and athleticism in our squad, Parkinson is targeting all these areas.
I can understand people saying he’s not the right man for the job, I’m not convinced myself, but I’m happy enough with what he’s saying there.

All sound bites, he might say he knows what he wants but what he actually gets will be totally different! Our recruitment team are a shambles and we’ll be left with what no-one wants unfortunately!
Agree, we heard all this before the January window. I’ve no doubt the type of player Parkinson describes is what he wants but I’ve no confidence in our recruitment team.

Why not if it works? After all the shit we've endured over the past 4 seasons, like I give a shit if we're playing awful football but winning every week. We could win 1-0 every week and only have 1 shot on target and I wouldn't give a shit.

Back