Parky WILL get you promoted this season

As daft as the OP sounds, it's actually plausible we could do some damage here. He (Parky) seems to have a settled and relatively well drilled team at the minute. They looked hungry and energetic for the most part today - despite the hectic Christmas fixture list and barely any team changes through the period.

This league is wide open and ripe for someone to go on a run and really get a foothold. A long unbeaten streak and winning our home games would see us there or threabouts.

Everyone is so inconsistent this season ... but someone has to go on a run.

I said it the first day he was appointed and numerous times during the period where you all so unfairly turned on him, parky will get you PROMOTED this season and automatically at that. This run is just the start. As a long suffering u's fan we will never forget what he did for us
To put this into perspective for you

since we came into this crap division we have spent a total of iirc 3 weeks in the top 2

Safc has never gone up out of the play offs football wise

today was something like Parkinson’s 3 re league win in 15 or so attempts

the whole season is right in the balance and with safc we are always just 60 seconds from disaster

what Parkinson did at other clubs is of zero relevance to what he is currently doing at safc

he has loads to prove and lose next week and we will see what people’s reaction is on here

As daft as the OP sounds, it's actually plausible we could do some damage here. He (Parky) seems to have a settled and relatively well drilled team at the minute. They looked hungry and energetic for the most part today - despite the hectic Christmas fixture list and barely any team changes through the period.

This league is wide open and ripe for someone to go on a run and really get a foothold. A long unbeaten streak and winning our home games would see us there or threabouts.

Everyone is so inconsistent this season ... but someone has to go on a run.

Just one more test to pass: Wycombe, then I’m converted.

Starting to think he didn’t want the cup runs so we should disregard the cup results. The man is completely focused on promotion.

Im sure he wanted to win those too but lets be honest, its the league that will keep him in his job......Given our awful run recently then 6 points from 2nd at this stage is unreal.....Ipswich were at one point hailed as absolute certainties for promotion and we are now just 3 points behind them. Its like the season isnt decided in November

To put this into perspective for you

since we came into this crap division we have spent a total of iirc 3 weeks in the top 2

Safc has never gone up out of the play offs football wise

today was something like Parkinson’s 3 re league win in 15 or so attempts

the whole season is right in the balance and with safc we are always just 60 seconds from disaster

what Parkinson did at other clubs is of zero relevance to what he is currently doing at safc

he has loads to prove and lose next week and we will see what people’s reaction is on here

Ooooooh shit, you are bricking it that he might well have turned the corner arent you. Imagine if we go up, you will be absolutely gutted, what will you have to moan about?

Well, Parky certainly gave Southend their best time at Colchester, beating them at Layer Road in the Leyland DAF / Sherpa Van / LDV / Whatever it was called then Trophy semi-final.

I said it the first day he was appointed and numerous times during the period where you all so unfairly turned on him, parky will get you PROMOTED this season and automatically at that. This run is just the start. As a long suffering u's fan we will never forget what he did for us
Up up and away in my beautiful balloon

A good mate of mine (agent) told me that Parky would not take any shit from anyone and once he got the team organized and had a window he would be winning games. Too early to say if he will succeed yet but it’s certainly better

Clearly need a new striker, midfielder and wide forward, and another LWB. That is if we continue playing 3-4-3.

Maybe Embleton and Robson could help, but I think we should see those 4 signings as crucial. We also need to offload Grigg, McGeady, McGeoch and maybe 1-2 others.
If the window is good, I can see us going on a run. If we don´t get the manpower, I just don´t see enough goals, and what happens if Hume, Gooch, Willis, Power or ONein get injured?

Blowing smoke up Parkies arse by the look of it.

To be fair, PP is rightly revered in Colchester for the brilliant job he did there.
He was behind a most improbable promotion, so is it any wonder Colchester fans stick up for him ?

Bradford fans like him too because of what he did there, a promotion, a LC final and a great fa cup run involving beating Mourinhos Chelsea at SB.

Also got Bolton promoted, then kept them up when in financial meltdown but their fans don't seem so enthusiastic for some reason.

Clearly need a new striker, midfielder and wide forward, and another LWB. That is if we continue playing 3-4-3.

Maybe Embleton and Robson could help, but I think we should see those 4 signings as crucial. We also need to offload Grigg, McGeady, McGeoch and maybe 1-2 others.
If the window is good, I can see us going on a run. If we don´t get the manpower, I just don´t see enough goals, and what happens if Hume, Gooch, Willis, Power or ONein get injured?
LWB ? cover for Hume ?

2 wins in 13 is a valid reason to turn on someone, when the bloke in the role before him averaged a lot more. I was dead against him, but he does appear to be turning things around. The next couple of games and how we act in the window is vital to tell if he’s the right man to continue in the job.

Back