Parkrun Thread

Really? Never suited me, much preferred the old route where I could attack the last hill. I also liked starting on the hill as it really warmed you up in time for the downhill stretch. I suppose everyone has different preferences.
I know what you mean like. I'm used to it now but it would be interesting to see what it would be like reverting back.

Back up North at the weekend, so might do the Whitley Bay one. Anyone tried it? Seems to be mostly flat from what I can see.

Seen last night theres a one in herra country park. Signed up last night and did my first one today. First time I've ran, apart from footy in over a year. Enjoyed it and plenty people doing it of all ages and abilities. Took me 33 mins according to my strava app. Will miss it next week as I'm at Bolton but looking forward to the week after. Surprised its took so long to get one in the park there.

Seen last night theres a one in herra country park. Signed up last night and did my first one today. First time I've ran, apart from footy in over a year. Enjoyed it and plenty people doing it of all ages and abilities. Took me 33 mins according to my strava app. Will miss it next week as I'm at Bolton but looking forward to the week after. Surprised its took so long to get one in the park there.
I've been there the last few weeks. Busiest I've seen it today like. 21.06 for me. Wasn't feeling it today and got a bad foot so happy with that.

I do havant or portsmouth lakeside depending on work...love it ... 5 k a cuppa with other runners and the rest of the day is free for whatever.. Parkruns are the best I think...

There was a new Park Run at Jesmond Dene last week, route looks to be a bit of a killer climbing up to Paddy Freeman Park.

WIll probably give it a blast next week as I live round the corner.

Anyone off to any park runs this morning?

Walking along to herra in a bit
Did silksworth, results page has it as 21:57 but watch was 22:34 ??

My last run was a course PB at 22:30 and I can’t see how I’ve took 33 seconds off it?

It felt a tough run mind but that’s more likely down to 4 cans and a Chinese last night!
I guess the watch is more likely to be wrong? But it has clocked 3.11m on Garmin at 22:34

Last edited:
Did silksworth, results page has it as 21:57 but watch was 22:34 ??

My last run was a course PB at 22:30 and I can’t see how I’ve took 33 seconds off it?

It felt a tough run mind but that’s more likely down to 4 cans and a Chinese last night!
I guess the watch is more likely to be wrong? But it has clocked 3.11m on Garmin at 22:34
Took 8 seconds off my PB as per the park run times. But only my 3rd quickest time round the course according to my strava app.
Plus I thought i was slower today, hampered by a stitch and having to answer my phone half way round the course!
Your times are about 10 minutes faster than mine like!
Aiming to get under 30 mins before the year is out

Took 8 seconds off my PB as per the park run times. But only my 3rd quickest time round the course according to my strava app.
Plus I thought i was slower today, hampered by a stitch and having to answer my phone half way round the course!
Your times are about 10 minutes faster than mine like!
Aiming to get under 30 mins before the year is out
I've had a look on facebook and seems quite a few people have had the same issue with times too fast this morning

Back