Parkrun Thread

Great loss that, need a stone off by may for the marathon but seem to lose it very slowly these days.

The running is helping me a lot mentally too, had to go back on anxiety pills a few months ago but off them again now for about a month and put it down to more exercise.
Yeah, exercise is the best anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medicine known to man. Had a few wobbles of my own recently and some more miles, especially with a social element, is part of the route to better health all around.

Cut back on the booze and shit food, and get more miles in your legs and 1-2 pounds a week off by then is pretty doable.

Did the Hartlepool version this week PB hunting as they have pacers first weekend of every month.

Attempted 25 minutes and although I didn’t manage it (26:12 by them, 25:59 by my app) I know with a bit more weight off and some additional training it’ll come.

All boding well gearing up towards the Sunderland 10k.

Did the Hartlepool version this week PB hunting as they have pacers first weekend of every month.

Attempted 25 minutes and although I didn’t manage it (26:12 by them, 25:59 by my app) I know with a bit more weight off and some additional training it’ll come.

All boding well gearing up towards the Sunderland 10k.
Good to know, thanks. Will have a look down beginning of next month.

Keith Flint was a recent new parkrunner and ran his 3rd 5k on Saturday.

Horrific. parkrun still definitely a force for good in mental health but hard to imagine the series of events from then on.

I think it was 21, 22, 25 and 35 minute pacers at the weekend. Not sure if they mix that up or not mind as it’s the first time I’ve been to that one when they have the pacers.

Depends on who's available & if there are races the next day. If you have a specific time in mind though drop the Hartlepool Parkrun Facebook page a message & we'll see if someone is willing to pace that.

25 was what I attempted so I was in luck but I’ll bare that in mind, thanks mate.

There's usually someone happy to cover that sort of pace. Unfortunately the lad that was pacing 25 on Saturday felt his calf tighten up & had to slow down & plod the last km. He was just doing slow laps at training last night.

In case you didn't know they do a monthly pacing event at Albert Park in Middlesbrough as well. Theirs is the last Saturday of the month IIRC & it's flat enough for pb potential.

Last edited:
There's usually someone happy to cover that sort of pace. Unfortunately the lad that was pacing 25 on Saturday felt his calf tighten up & had to slow down & plod the last km. He was just doing slow laps at training last night.

In case you didn't know they do a monthly pacing event at Albert Park in Middlesbrough as well. Theirs is the last Saturday of the month IIRC & it's flat enough for pb potential.

To be honest as he started slowing up I couldn’t hack continuing at that pace either, I managed the first 4K on track and then fell away. I’ll try again at the start of April.

I’ve done the Albert one once before on New Years Day but not since, I’ll consider that also thank you.

21:25 at Silky for me today. Thought the wind might have slowed me up a bit but quite enjoyed it.

Conditions were ideal I thought! Interested to see how far I can push over the next few months, going to target sub 24 next and then see where I’m at. Still got a fair bit of timber to shift so feeling good about further improvements!

Conditions were ideal I thought! Interested to see how far I can push over the next few months, going to target sub 24 next and then see where I’m at. Still got a fair bit of timber to shift so feeling good about further improvements!
Just thought there was a strongish breeze in my face along the big straight but yeah, it was quite pleasant all in.

Just thought there was a strongish breeze in my face along the big straight but yeah, it was quite pleasant all in.

I’ll probably start and struggle when it gets warmer over the next few weeks so I’m making the most of chilly ish conditions until then. I need to try and work out if I’ve got time to do it next weekend before the train.

I’ll probably start and struggle when it gets warmer over the next few weeks so I’m making the most of chilly ish conditions until then. I need to try and work out if I’ve got time to do it next weekend before the train.
What times your train? We are on the 14:30 from Durham so plenty of time for me. Parkrun, walk with the dog, dinner with our lass then strite out on the piss. Can't wait.

Back