Parkrun Thread

Think for high level runners it maybe better as the start was always slow whereas now it’ll be a fast start , be interesting to see how people find it , bank at the end be a killer mind :lol:

This morning, I'm off to give the Windy Nook run a go.
Heard its not a pb course with a mix of hills and off road running.
If the rain stays off it should be fun :)

Windy Nook is great little run.
Parked in a small car park at a community centre then its a short walk through some houses to a country park and 3 laps on those grey gravel tracks. (Thank you to the lass who walked with me to the start).
Theres plenty of hard hill work and also a set of steps to go up (x3). Only 40 runners today so plenty of space.
And now my only gripe of the day. The pair of marshalls at the point where i was meant to turn to the finish who were too busy talking and playng with a phone to direct me so i ended up doing almost another lap wondering where the friggin finish was.
I appreciate that you are volunteers, but you still have a job to do !
Going to have to do it again, if only to get a proper time.

Haven't read the whole thing but an interesting report on the Park Run.
The average time is getting slower each year but they are proud of it as it shows they are attracting a wider demographic.
parkrun UK 2017 Run Report
Yes I think that was the original aim - to increase inclusion and encourage non runners to participate.

It all seems to have got quite competitive.

Tin hat on but it may be time for some people to move to 10k races or compete outside of the park runs.

Yes I think that was the original aim - to increase inclusion and encourage non runners to participate.

It all seems to have got quite competitive.

Tin hat on but it may be time for some people to move to 10k races or compete outside of the park runs.

It started out as UK Timetrials. It's a bit unfair to expect the faster runners who still use it for that purpose to give it up to make way for slower runners & walkers. There's plenty of room for them all. Most if not all of the quicker runners already run longer distances as well as doing parkruns.

Back