Parkrun Thread

Whitley bay parkrun course record was smashed yesterday by paul martelleti in just over 15 mins.

He is an international marathon runner mind. He had someone coaching him on a bike.

Can only assume he was there en route to edinburgh for the marathon

Whitley bay parkrun course record was smashed yesterday by paul martelleti in just over 15 mins.
Saw that time in the results. Unreal !

I dragged myself around the rising sun yesterday.
Was around 3 minutes down on my 'fit' time and yet the marshalls kept telling me how well i was doing...
No, sorry but it was shi7e !!

(joking, marshals are excellent folk and i thank them for any encouragement).

Saw that time in the results. Unreal !

I dragged myself around the rising sun yesterday.
Was around 3 minutes down on my 'fit' time and yet the marshalls kept telling me how well i was doing...
No, sorry but it was shi7e !!

(joking, marshals are excellent folk and i thank them for any encouragement).

Yes, the organisers do a grand job. My missus is a run director at whitley bay and i have seen the amount of effort they put in and crap they get.

There were issues at whitley bay yesterday with a pram runner, i think they forget that parkrun is free and isnt a race.

A new blyth run is due to start later this year which has unfortunately took some of the core team away to organise

Yes, the organisers do a grand job. My missus is a run director at whitley bay and i have seen the amount of effort they put in and crap they get.

There were issues at whitley bay yesterday with a pram runner, i think they forget that parkrun is free and isnt a race.

A new blyth run is due to start later this year which has unfortunately took some of the core team away to organise
Well give your missus a big thank you from me. Whitley was my regular p/r, just changed to Rising sun as its marginally easier to get to, (and free to park).

Hadn't heard owt about the Blyth one coming. Guess if i went to the club training occasionally...

Well give your missus a big thank you from me. Whitley was my regular p/r, just changed to Rising sun as its marginally easier to get to, (and free to park).

Hadn't heard owt about the Blyth one coming. Guess if i went to the club training occasionally...

If you ever fancy whitley bay again park at the playhouse. Its free there.

Just changed the route of the Sunderland one slightly. Starts at top of hill next to skate park. Will be a killer hill at the end but not sure if not having a hill start might be beneficial. Will be interesting to see how times are affected.

Hello Sunderland parkrunners.

So this post is to let everyone know that from this Saturday (16 June 2018) Sunderland parkrun will start and finish near the Ski Lodge at the Skate Park.

We have made this change as Everyone Active have kindly offered use of a room within the Ski Lodge both before and after the event, in addition we will have access to toilets and shower facilities. Storage will also now be right next to our start finish area making it easier for those involved in event setup and close down.

We welcome the benefits of this new arrangement including free tea & coffee after the event while the café will be open to serve breakfast sandwiches etc (price to be arranged).
This gives us a great opportunity to meet together in our own space, share milestone cake and have a cuppa.

The route will take place along the same paths as before.
The event starts at the Skate Park and participants head along towards Silksworth Lane. Turn at the tree and go back along the path taking the turn to the right and head down the hill. At the bottom of the hill turn left and follow the bottom path along to the end.
At the end of the path head left and complete two laps of the lake. On completing the two laps head back along the bottom path turning right at the bridge and finishing back at the start.

We hope that more of you will join us in our new space after the event where we will enjoy a hot drink while we process the results and sort the tokens.

We’d like to thank Everyone Active for their support in making this space available to us.

Jane (Sunderland parkrun ED)

Just changed the route of the Sunderland one slightly. Starts at top of hill next to skate park. Will be a killer hill at the end but not sure if not having a hill start might be beneficial. Will be interesting to see how times are affected.

Hello Sunderland parkrunners.

So this post is to let everyone know that from this Saturday (16 June 2018) Sunderland parkrun will start and finish near the Ski Lodge at the Skate Park.

We have made this change as Everyone Active have kindly offered use of a room within the Ski Lodge both before and after the event, in addition we will have access to toilets and shower facilities. Storage will also now be right next to our start finish area making it easier for those involved in event setup and close down.

We welcome the benefits of this new arrangement including free tea & coffee after the event while the café will be open to serve breakfast sandwiches etc (price to be arranged).
This gives us a great opportunity to meet together in our own space, share milestone cake and have a cuppa.

The route will take place along the same paths as before.
The event starts at the Skate Park and participants head along towards Silksworth Lane. Turn at the tree and go back along the path taking the turn to the right and head down the hill. At the bottom of the hill turn left and follow the bottom path along to the end.
At the end of the path head left and complete two laps of the lake. On completing the two laps head back along the bottom path turning right at the bridge and finishing back at the start.

We hope that more of you will join us in our new space after the event where we will enjoy a hot drink while we process the results and sort the tokens.

We’d like to thank Everyone Active for their support in making this space available to us.

Jane (Sunderland parkrun ED)
Fast start, absolute stinker of a finish. :lol:

Back