Parkrun Thread

Anyone still doing these? Been the last few weeks and determined to break the 22 min before my big birthday in the end of July. Posted a 22:23 last week but was very hungover today and did just over 23 mins. It seems a canny way off still.

Yeah, I still do the Whitley Bay one most weeks....

There was 374 runners this morning like, it’s not losing its popularity...

A sub 22 minutes is my dream at the minute.. PB is 22.50, which is a million miles away from my 26 minute effort this morning :(

Anyone still doing these? Been the last few weeks and determined to break the 22 min before my big birthday in the end of July. Posted a 22:23 last week but was very hungover today and did just over 23 mins. It seems a canny way off still.
Raced the Sunderland one pretty hard but not flat out the other week. Got a course pb which is what I wanted. Tend to so shields as it's closer. It's harder like.

Yeah, I still do the Whitley Bay one most weeks....

There was 374 runners this morning like, it’s not losing its popularity...

A sub 22 minutes is my dream at the minute.. PB is 22.50, which is a million miles away from my 26 minute effort this morning :(
Apparently 22.02 is my PB but can I balls remember everything that. :lol:

Started running last week for the 1st time in about 13 years, I'm addicted already.

Got a couple of 5K's in early part of the week and then did the Newcastle Park Run on Saturday, finished with a time of 24:33 which I was pretty happy about for my 1st go. Going to get a run in tonight or early tomorrow morning round Regents park as I'm down the smoke later on.

I also saw @Banana Boy but he was too busy messing around with his phone.

I want sub 21 before my birthday now.

Raced the Sunderland one pretty hard but not flat out the other week. Got a course pb which is what I wanted. Tend to so shields as it's closer. It's harder like.
The websitedoesnt say you have the course PB mind mate.

Last edited:

Back