Parkrun Thread

Arrived as usual to the Parkrun start position, only to be greeted by the normal race director telling us and others to run the route in reverse so as to not go against the spirit of Parkrun or something or other. It was interesting, definitely easier as the main hill is at the beginning rather than the end when done in reverse. Ended up with a PB of 23:26!

Arrived as usual to the Parkrun start position, only to be greeted by the normal race director telling us and others to run the route in reverse so as to not go against the spirit of Parkrun or something or other. It was interesting, definitely easier as the main hill is at the beginning rather than the end when done in reverse. Ended up with a PB of 23:26!
Did many turn up to do it ?

Did many turn up to do it ?

We were the only people there at 9am which I was surprised but a little bit glad about, I felt a bit cheeky doing the run. When we were going around the route I counted around 10 people doing it the normal way around. Just as we were leaving a few more came as well. The Parkrun normally gets around 180 - 200.

Good to see a thread on this although it's not been active for a while.

Anyone ever ventured to / based in Leeds. My local is Roundhay Park and it's a brutal one. 3 laps that take you on a steady 400m incline on each lap. It's murder. Amazing how different your times can be from one course to another.

Used to run regular 2014-17 then stopped for a good few years and been trying to get somewhere near my old best times. Running under 25 mins atm if I go flat out but it's painful. Would love to get close to my old pb times around 22 mins. Anybody got any favourite tips to make some gains. Best improvements for me happened when I was swimming 3 times a week but f me swimming is boring and I want to try something else.

Nothing like finishing a park run when you've emptied the tank. Hate the process mind.

Good to see a thread on this although it's not been active for a while.

Anyone ever ventured to / based in Leeds. My local is Roundhay Park and it's a brutal one. 3 laps that take you on a steady 400m incline on each lap. It's murder. Amazing how different your times can be from one course to another.

Used to run regular 2014-17 then stopped for a good few years and been trying to get somewhere near my old best times. Running under 25 mins atm if I go flat out but it's painful. Would love to get close to my old pb times around 22 mins. Anybody got any favourite tips to make some gains. Best improvements for me happened when I was swimming 3 times a week but f me swimming is boring and I want to try something else.

Nothing like finishing a park run when you've emptied the tank. Hate the process mind.

The 2nd parkrun I ever did was Roundhay and I nearly walked off the course and quit at the end of lap 2. I genuinely thought I was going do vomit or die or both.
Somehow managed to finish but haven’t been brave enough to do it again since.

Temple Newsam is my home course now. Big old hill in that too mind but it can’t be that bad because I still go back to it

Back