Parkrun Thread

Any parkrun tourists on this board... It's a good way to combine running and travel... Do 21 different events and your a parkrun tourist...

That’s doable in the north east nowadays! I’ve done 6 different ones localish (between Sunderland and boro), I tend to do the same couple rather than venture though, I probably should in the interests of variety.

Tried Chester le street for a change. They reversed the route for leap year bantz. Have been feeling shitty all week but didn't think it had effected me much. Just scraped sub 24 which is clearly my worst run in years. Very frustrating.

Makes a massive difference if youre feeling ill mind, I went out for a 10k with the club at the start of the month and was clinging on for dear life at would have been 28min Parkrun pace, my heart rate was through the roof as well. Take it easy mate.

Makes a massive difference if youre feeling ill mind, I went out for a 10k with the club at the start of the month and was clinging on for dear life at would have been 28min Parkrun pace, my heart rate was through the roof as well. Take it easy mate.
I always think stuff like that is an easy excuse but fuck me, I was knackered at the end. Cheers.

Beginners luck I think but we'll see! I used to regularly run longer distances but always hated 5km. This is the first time I've actually not dreaded it. The times of some runners on here is very humbling.

That they are, but I learnt last year you’re only really racing against what you’ve got in the tank and there’d always be someone else buzzing with what you’ve done so far!

5k is what got me into running so it’ll always be my first love running wise, I’m excited to start attacking it again properly after the Sunderland half. We hold a club night called night of PBs mid July which is aimed at everyone who competes achieving a 5k PB, looking forward to that.

Herra reversed the course for the crack yesterday too. Meant running up a canny steep incline twice instead of down it twice. Was 20 seconds off my pb. Still under 30 minutes for only the 2nd time which I'm pleased with. Hope to beat my pb next week, next goal is under 29 minutes

Back